Urgent help needed with pistons.

Here we go. Carrillo HD (notice the single machining pass)

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1376355304.165651.jpg

And side by side:

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1376355377.815677.jpg

Sorry to have hijacked, I thought maybe there was a link.... lol.

But that works too. Thanks.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Guys, don't get me scared now, I have only one race left with this car and I want to get new personal best.....After that car goes for sale. With those scary broken motor photos I never have balls to put the pedal to the metal :confused: ;)

Guys, don't get me scared now, I have only one race left with this car and I want to get new personal best.....After that car goes for sale. With those scary broken motor photos I never have balls to put the pedal to the metal :confused: ;)

At the power your making I can tell you one thing there is no way I would build A motor with the rods you are running.

Well, as the connecting rods got a lot of beating lately then I decided to check them out more thoroughly. All of them looked OK but one.......I tried to remove it from the piston and got a big surprise as wrist pin didn't come out. Obviously the wrist pin is bent and of course it means that rod is bent also. Thanks to everybody who directed my attention to that issue. I'm not going to change threads title but now I need new set of 6.500 rods....:confused: even Carillo HD rods would do fine, have ONLY ONE race left with this car. Further upgrades are done by new owner and definitely he gets my suggestions about changing rods. Hope that rods are not so special items and somebody has a set laying..... Let me know please!

Well, as the connecting rods got a lot of beating lately then I decided to check them out more thoroughly. All of them looked OK but one.......I tried to remove it from the piston and got a big surprise as wrist pin didn't come out. Obviously the wrist pin is bent and of course it means that rod is bent also. Thanks to everybody who directed my attention to that issue. I'm not going to change threads title but now I need new set of 6.500 rods....:confused: even Carillo HD rods would do fine, have ONLY ONE race left with this car. Further upgrades are done by new owner and definitely he gets my suggestions about changing rods. Hope that rods are not so special items and somebody has a set laying..... Let me know please!
I can do you A set of custom rods if you would like but it will take A few week. I might have A customer with A set of like new set of custom rods I did for him we changed set up and went with A shorter rod I think he still has the 6.5 rods. I will see and let you know.

Post a wanted ad for a Carrillo non-HD 6.5" rod. You should be able to find one pretty easy, considering more than a few sets have been blown up and there are singles laying around. Just make sure you specify non-HD as their is a weight difference! Oh, and now you need to make sure they are all weight balanced... ;)

I can do you A set of custom rods if you would like but it will take A few week. I might have A customer with A set of like new set of custom rods I did for him we changed set up and went with A shorter rod I think he still has the 6.5 rods. I will see and let you know.

The worst thing is that I don't have weeks anymore :(

Ah, missed that part. Shouldn't have an issue finding a set of 6.5's, they are all over the place. Hit up Mike Booher (BlownV6) and see what he has. Sorry, I sold all my other rods...

Oh and almost forgot, couple of wrist pins would be necessary also....don't hesitate to write when you have something :)

I see you PM'd me on this. Is this narrow or wide journal rod , and for on or off-center block. Mike

I have a set f Oliver rods that I had reconditioned for one of my engines. They are sized and re-bushed and the true length is 6.470". I wll sell those for $475.00 plus the freight if intrested. Thats the only set I have available in 6.5" ros with wide journal. Most likely I will not see this again until toight. Mike

If you want them and have paypal. Send $475.00 to buickv6@hotmail.com. Let me know the best way to ship them for you. We will catch up on the freight after I ship them.

I have a set f Oliver rods that I had reconditioned for one of my engines. They are sized and re-bushed and the true length is 6.470". I wll sell those for $475.00 plus the freight if intrested. Thats the only set I have available in 6.5" ros with wide journal. Most likely I will not see this again until toight. Mike

If you want them and have paypal. Send $475.00 to buickv6@hotmail.com. Let me know the best way to ship them for you. We will catch up on the freight after I ship them.

I'll hold on your offer till tonight and if nobody has Carillos then I'll take them. I'll let you know...
I still hope that somebody has Carillos.

I got the rods (thanks to drturbo69). But I'm still missing wrist pins, they are .927 and wall thickness about .192 or .193
Only need two pins. Please guys check over your stashes, maybe there are something.....

He had some new rods, if you bought those you might not be screwed, but they were lightweight (far from HD). If they were used they probably came out of the same motor that crank came from.

Isn't there really anybody who has spare set of 6.5 wide journal rods and couple of wrist pins?
Man, it really sucks to be so far and there are no Buick parts available here :confused: