Upper Control Arm - Question

I don't like that they don't have a stop for the arm when the car is lifted up.

You can get the new stock style uppers from Rock Auto or Summit Racing. They are actually pretty nice. I also used new 1985 Chevy S10 lowers from Rock Auto which are identical to the stock pieces except the bushings have a larger ID. Both upper and lowers are complete with ball joints. For the lowers, I had to open up the frame mounting holes by drilling them out larger. The factory mounting holes are always out of alignment from side to side anyway. Drilling them through from one side into the other made them align perfectly. You'll need new sharp drill bits about 4" long. Buy good ones! The front and rear bushings on the S10 control arms have a larger Id to make them more heavy duty. I think the front bushings were 1/2" ID and the rear were 9/16" ID but I'd have to check. Just be aware the frame holes are not all drilled out to the same size and don't get them confused and drill the mount holes the wrong size. I got the new S10 size mounting bolts from Spohn Performance.

Last edited:
You can get the new stock style uppers from Rock Auto or Summit Racing. They are actually pretty nice. I also used new 1985 Chevy S10 lowers from Rock Auto which are identical to the stock pieces except the bushings have a larger ID. Both upper and lowers are complete with ball joints. For the lowers, I had to open up the frame mounting holes by drilling them out larger. The factory mounting holes are always out of alignment from side to side anyway. Drilling them through from one side into the other made them align perfectly. You'll need new sharp drill bits about 4" long. Buy good ones! The front and rear bushings on the S10 control arms have a larger Id to make them more heavy duty. I think the front bushings were 1/2" ID and the rear were 9/16" ID but I'd have to check. Just be aware the frame holes are not all drilled out to the same size and don't get them confused and drill the mount holes the wrong size. I got the new S10 size mounting bolts from Spohn Performance.
Thank you! I will consider this option.