Upgrading rear brakes and cylinders question

Well, I got the brake cylinders installed. I used a large old school 6" C clamp and a short piece of 1-3/8" OD exhaust tubing . Tightened up and the Jesus Clip snapped into place. Easy - Peasy!

Thanks to all for your helpful suggestions.
Got my brake lines installed and HR rear end Bushings / shells pulled in the pumpkin .
Now to install the brake pads / springs / hardware, re-install the axles , re-seal the rear end cover and she will be ready to go back in the car!

OK , Got those damn S10 calibers on , long shoes , bleed the brakes and took it out for a spin last night . All went well , I really could't tell any difference from the stock brakes . I will report back after I put some break in miles on her . Keith

Thanks for your offer Michael,
Would you be able to post a picture of the tool you made?
It would be a big help to others going down this road .

PM sent
Thanks
Dave

I thought I had a picture of it on my phone but I must have deleted it. At least in my case a 1 1/8 socket was not big enough on the inside and a 1 1/2 inch socket was to big on the outside so I made a "round" tool so the outside was 0.090 smaller that the hole and only 0.040 thick out of aluminum to squeeze the clip into place using a c-clamp.

I will get another picture tomorrow.

I thought I had a picture of it on my phone but I must have deleted it. At least in my case a 1 1/8 socket was not big enough on the inside and a 1 1/2 inch socket was to big on the outside so I made a "round" tool so the outside was 0.090 smaller that the hole and only 0.040 thick out of aluminum to squeeze the clip into place using a c-clamp.

I will get another picture tomorrow.

Thanks for your reply Michael.
I went the easy route & found something on the shelf that did the trick....just spent a couple of buck$ for a 1 1/2" x 1 3/8" exhaust reducer. My 1 1/8" socket fit in the larger end (giving a flat surface for the C clamp to be able to engage) and the smaller ends OD was small enough to clear the opening the axle and the ID was large enough to cover the retainer. Slowly tightens the C clamp and it snapped into place real easy.
Hope this info helps others doing this install .