Upgrade deciphering

Cheeva06

I'm a proud new owner of a Type T. Low miles and immaculate. I have a massive folder of parts that were installed on the car ( All nicely done ) but there are still a few questions I have. I cannot get ahold of anyone but the last owner and he did nothing to the car but let it sit for about 2 years only driving about 50 miles in that time. Luckily it was kept in a conditioned space. The car is 100 percent rust free ( Even on the frame ) and every suspension bushing and component has been replaced.
The known upgrades are champion cast iron heads, plenum, 63mm throttle body, egr delete, 200/208 cam?, hooked headers, 2.5 inch exhaust with no cats, upgraded maf/translator, precision injectors, scan Master, 160 degree stat, tune from turbo tweak ( for 009 injectors on 98 octane gas ) and an aftermarket turbo size ( On stock intercooler ) unknown yet since I haven't taken the cover off. It came with the stock wheels, some god awful 20 inch cragars and also a set of weld rims with mickey thompson 275/60r15 drag slicks. The car is very clean inside and out. I had the tranny rebuilt and of course snapped 2 new input shafts and because of all the corona crap I played hell finding a really stout one. I bought one from McClay engineering but have not tried any spirited driving till I have other options available since I would rather cruise in it then have it break again. ( The 2-3 shift snaps it clean ).....also I put a new 3" welded radiator with new fans from gn1 performance in. I want to drop the tune to 93 octane gas. And what kind of hp/torque should I have out of this. I grew up with my dad working in a buick dealership in Peoria, IL and have wanted a turbo Buick for 35 years so I want to do things right on this car. Any things to watch out for or check?

I'm a proud new owner of a Type T. Low miles and immaculate. I have a massive folder of parts that were installed on the car ( All nicely done ) but there are still a few questions I have. I cannot get ahold of anyone but the last owner and he did nothing to the car but let it sit for about 2 years only driving about 50 miles in that time. Luckily it was kept in a conditioned space. The car is 100 percent rust free ( Even on the frame ) and every suspension bushing and component has been replaced.
The known upgrades are champion cast iron heads, plenum, 63mm throttle body, egr delete, 200/208 cam?, hooked headers, 2.5 inch exhaust with no cats, upgraded maf/translator, precision injectors, scan Master, 160 degree stat, tune from turbo tweak ( for 009 injectors on 98 octane gas ) and an aftermarket turbo size ( On stock intercooler ) unknown yet since I haven't taken the cover off. It came with the stock wheels, some god awful 20 inch cragars and also a set of weld rims with mickey thompson 275/60r15 drag slicks. The car is very clean inside and out. I had the tranny rebuilt and of course snapped 2 new input shafts and because of all the corona crap I played hell finding a really stout one. I bought one from McClay engineering but have not tried any spirited driving till I have other options available since I would rather cruise in it then have it break again. ( The 2-3 shift snaps it clean ).....also I put a new 3" welded radiator with new fans from gn1 performance in. I want to drop the tune to 93 octane gas. And what kind of hp/torque should I have out of this. I grew up with my dad working in a buick dealership in Peoria, IL and have wanted a turbo Buick for 35 years so I want to do things right on this car. Any things to watch out for or check?
turn the boost down to 15 psi,verify from eric which chip and the specs of the chip in terms of timing and boost targets for the fuel the chip was cut for,and eric should be able to verify the real size of injectors,then get them cleaned of sized correctly for fuel and power output,then measure the turbine wheel,comp wheel,and find the id numbers on the turbo so you know what it is.test fuel sytem,i would pull the fuel pump to see what it is or just replace it,hotwire it,make sure fp is 1to1 with boost,and boost and timing is realistic to the fuel you are using,drivetrain will need line pressure verified with the issues you are seeing at this point.dave husek is a 200 master and can walk you through the trans options or diagnosois options and can build you a killer unit if it needs it.

Someone probably has done a dual feed in that unit. And without the billet shaft fwd drum it just hits that 2-3 shift and snaps that shaft. It is a good mod but the billet shaft fwd drum is a required part of the mod.

turn the boost down to 15 psi,verify from eric which chip and the specs of the chip in terms of timing and boost targets for the fuel the chip was cut for,and eric should be able to verify the real size of injectors,then get them cleaned of sized correctly for fuel and power output,then measure the turbine wheel,comp wheel,and find the id numbers on the turbo so you know what it is.test fuel sytem,i would pull the fuel pump to see what it is or just replace it,hotwire it,make sure fp is 1to1 with boost,and boost and timing is realistic to the fuel you are using,drivetrain will need line pressure verified with the issues you are seeing at this point.dave husek is a 200 master and can walk you through the trans options or diagnosois options and can build you a killer unit if it needs it.

Everything Mr Spool said...and park it till you find out what the timing is in that chip or you'll be changing head gaskets.

I was the service mgr at Jim Bower Buick, during the early 70's.
When did your dad work there?
I'm not sure. He worked at a buick dealership in Morton then went to heritage buick Mazda. His name is Don. Most people dislike him cause he is an ass but he was an exceptional mechanic. He would blow the techs now away.

Here are some pictures I took while it was on a lift.

Attachments

• 20200103_125632.jpg
    20200103_125632.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 251
  • 20200103_125624.jpg
    20200103_125624.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 252
  • 20200103_124521.jpg
    20200103_124521.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 223
  • 20200103_124516.jpg
    20200103_124516.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 266
The stock headers are long gone.
Then I would start looking for a set of stock headers. They are out there. The hooker headers are slowing you down. They are too large of a volume which slows down the exhaust velocity to spool the turbo plus under some idle conditions cool down the O2 sensor giving the computer false readings.

Here is the info on where my throttle body came from. Ever heard of this guy?

Attachments

• 20200505_212546.jpg
    20200505_212546.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 224
Here is the info I have on my turbo tweak chip. The car is being worked on right now so I can't get to the number on it yet. It looks like I have the option to drop it to 93 octane. What about the open loop features etc. Anything stand out to you guys. I don't really plan on any drag strip time even though it was previously used for that but I do want to smoke a camaro or mustang....or foreign car from time to time lol. This car will get passed down to my son who is already drooling on it at 14 so it needs to stay together till I die. After that it's his lol.

Attachments

• 20200505_211458.jpg
    20200505_211458.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 150
  • 20200505_211515.jpg
    20200505_211515.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 151
  • 20200505_211813.jpg
    20200505_211813.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 171
  • 20200505_211724.jpg
    20200505_211724.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 195
Shit. I have another paper on turbo tweak also. I didn't even think about that. I'm not sure which is in it. I get the car back tomorrow and will look

You can pull the ecm out and look at the chip. Easy enough.

Like said above those hooker headers have to go. They are killing the cars performance. Stock work way better. Not trying to sell you a set but I have some sets along with many other guys on the board I’m sure.