*UPDATE* OK Guys.... Looking for opinions on setting up a new LIVE AUCTION on TB.COM.....WOULD LIKE INPUT FROM MEMBERS *UPDATE*

Saturday mornings as early as possible
If a buyer backs out , they shouldn’t be allowed to bid on another item for 90 days or % of the agreed price to the seller in order to bid before the 90 days has expired.

No commission or fee to the board

I think it’s a great idea. Just my 2 cents I know I don’t post a lot but I’m always on here. Maybe have a “starting” price for an item. Then anything above and beyond that amount , a percentage should go back to the site because you are using the platform to make more on an item that you would have sold for for less.
Thank you

Would there be a “BUY IT NOW” feature ?
Thank you
I would think a start price then on from there. Buy it now would be difficult I think. But, not out I mean that would limit bidding and bidding=fun and that is what we are trying to accomplish, but an option

Last edited:
Saturday mornings as early as possible
If a buyer backs out , they shouldn’t be allowed to bid on another item for 90 days or % of the agreed price to the seller in order to bid before the 90 days has expired.

No commission or fee to the board
It had crossed my mind too.. my opinion would be if a buyer backs out … He"s done forever! We would be relying on our honest good members to participate and dont have time for people to pull crap. That could be an issue, a very large issue. And I would think the seller has the option of 1) Accepting the next lowest bid or 2) Run it fresh , start over. Auction the item again. Guy who backed out ...gone!

Other sites are doing it .it works .i just won a converter .only paid very little.but the seller gets his full price and the winner gets lucky and can save alot and shipping is covered.like a raffle.

Lets say the item cost this much you make up spots to cover the cost and shipping and charge accordingly when all the spot's are taken then collect then when thete all paid .there's a random app it draws random numbers to the amount you put in lets say 1-20 and it draws it and you can do it live like WE4 said.

I enjoy looking for parts you guys have for sale the biggest problem for me is I always miss out on the sale ether at work or not on line at the time the item posts, I love the idea bids or buy it now, shipping can be added in if the seller wants to or he can add frt on and pay with pal pal just set up under live actions click on it and start bidding. Let the action end 9:00 eastern time west coast at 6:00 on Monday nights, give something to look forward to after a long Monday after work, Just a opinion from a new member. Thanks Greg

I think some are missing the point here. The idea is to HAVE FUN and it will be a LIVE auction . The bids are live and whoever has last bid pays the seller directly live rt there. No silent bids nothing fancy , you want it ...… you bid till ya win or it sells. I also think it should be a shipped price (Unless other arrangements are made at beginning of sale. ) Not going to track nada. Item up...…. people bid...…. winner pays instantly and seller ships. It really a very easy concept to employ. And done correctly , Fun should be had by all.
Its not that difficult to comprehend..
WE4

We are in the process of setting up a LIVE AUCTION once a week on the forum.
Looking for opinions and yes they are like assholes as everybody has one !
WHAT WOULD YOU (the member) LIKE TO SEE HAPPEN?
Some of the things in need of input and whatever else you can think of to be a POSITIVE asset to this endeavor !!!!!
What day? (OR DAYS)
What time? (OR TIMES)
What type of products would you like to see for sale?
EVERYBODY will have the option to buy and/or sell.
This is NOT a Vendor only driven deal . In fact private parties are what I'm trying to get involved.
Do you think it should be mandatory to have a % of sale back to the board? Or completely voluntary? or Not at all?
Please post your input as I am going to try and do this off any and all recommendations.
I think it would be fun, beneficial, and a good time in general.
Once a week it will be a little get together and a good time for all.
I will say I believe PAYPAL will be a must.
People complain that their opinions are not heard. Well This is the time to get your two cents in and make a difference.
Not Vendor Driven …...…… MEMBER DRIVEN !
Please no matter how big or small your idea is, please share it and if we have to "massage" it to make it work...well... Massaged it will be!
If you think its a crazy and will never fly idea, post that as well. In order to make it fun and positively productive Positives and negatives must be and will be addressed.
BOTTOM LINE ………… FUN !!!!!
Lemme know guys whatcha think and I would like to have it up and running by the end of the month.
Maybe I'm outta my mind. Maybe its a crazy idea, but like everything else in life "You don,t know till ya try"!
Might be a flop....Might suck... but if no attempt is made at having a good time and some fun I guess we would never know.
Post away my Turboed Car friends.
Lets get this up and going and have some fun!! Whatcha all think????

Bruce
WE4
Yes good idea - the type of infrastructure would be like e -bay or ? hours on items or specific time entry for people to bid - There are three free conference online portals - Skype , Google Hangouts, or Free Conference Call - Could be used

To help keep the trolls and thieves out, you could require a min of one year and 100 posts to bid. This would also get more new people to be part of this great forum.
For some money to go to the board, you could ask the vendors to donate something to be auctioned every (week, month) once in a while with the proceeds going to Shane. It would be good advertisement for the vendors too. Heck, I'll donate a set of my bumper fillers to the cause. With shipping. I know many other vendors here who would do the same. IMO, This is an outstanding idea. It just needs someone to run with the ball.

To help keep the trolls and thieves out, you could require a min of one year and 100 posts to bid. This would also get more new people to be part of this great forum.
For some money to go to the board, you could ask the vendors to donate something to be auctioned every (week, month) once in a while with the proceeds going to Shane. It would be good advertisement for the vendors too. Heck, I'll donate a set of my bumper fillers to the cause. With shipping. I know many other vendors here who would do the same. IMO, This is an outstanding idea. It just needs someone to run with the ball.
Im Trying...…..Working on it.... lol
I agree with most. Keep the ideas coming.
WE4

well live auction can work on facebook im on a facebook group that does it with model kits

I have been working on this behind the scenes.
I will post the so called RULES and format here very shortly. I need about another week or so to finalize.
Tenatively the first Auction will be JUNE 6th a Thursday night. Time will be (again tenativly) 5:00-8:00 pm PST or 8:00- 11:00 EST
I need 6 people who want to sell something the first auction we have. ( Please contact me directly to get on the first list. First 6 to contact me are the first ones up) ( contact info below)
If I don't get 6...……... I will provide product for it. If you all are hesitant and want to wait Ill give up some product to see how this goes. Now BEFORE you critics attack me, I am entering uncharted waters here. Will we have some issues? Well hell yes, & I figure we will, but we can address them as they pop up. Please don't attack me, or be negative or put the idea down until we have had a chance to work them out. ( Constructive criticism is always welcome) and I expect there will be a couple issues but as with all new things, they can be addressed.
Hey I'm trying this to get people involved and have fun. It is not a million $ idea and nothing of the sort. Just want to inflict some new neat enjoyment. Hey at least I'm giving it a shot. Might be awesome, might be a flop but we will never know till we try.
I WILL SAY THIS...…….IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING OR ABLE TO AFFORD TO GIVE SOMETHING UP FOR THE AUCTION ( I meant give up as far as maybe not get top dollar or can afford to sell without a divorce pending shortly thereafter) …then … DON'T GET INVOLVED RIGHT AWAY. WATCH AND SEE HOW IT GOES THATS WHY I THOUGHT I WOULD SELL MY STUFF FIRST SO IF ANYTHING GOES A LITTLE ODD I DON'T CARE. I HOPE YOU ALL UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM SAYING. IF NOT POST WHY YOU ARE UNSURE.
PLEASE KEEP CKING BACK AS I WILL BE LISTING WHAT I HAVE FOR SO CALLED RULES SO FAR.

COME ON GUYS, LETS DO THIS AND HAVE SOME FUN.!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and.....PLEASE TRY TO HELP MAKE THIS AN ENJOYABLE EXPERIANCE. I REALLY DONT NEED ANYBODY TO BE OR ACT LIKE A DICK AND I WILL NOT TOLERATE IT. PERIOD. IF YOU DONT WANT TO BE INVOLVED , DONT BE INVOLVED BUT PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT RAIN ON EVERYBODY ELSES PARADE.
IF YOU COME IN AND INTENTIONALLY DISTURB JUST TO BE A JERK, I WILL TOSS YOU FROM THE BOARD. PERMANENT BAN . IN OTHER WORDS ………..
DO NOT BE A DICK!!!!!!! WARNING IN ADVANCE. !!!!!!!!!!

Most of you know me. I'm very tolerant of a lot of things but this is difficult enough without intentional disruption. AGAIN it is supposed to be FUN!

Please post if you are in support of this or not. If not , no big deal but I would like to know what turns you off so we can make better .

If you do not want to publicly express your concerns... I understand. You are welcome 24/7 to text or call me direct to express privately and I will not repeat to anyone if that's your desire. but I would still like to hear your input, both for or against.
916-952-9567
WE4
We are going to make this happen. :):)

Success or failure is all dependant on our members and participation...…and willingness to make this fun and a success!

sounds good too me
except the time 8-11 EST but I will try to get a nap in on Thursdays LOL
you know I start chasing idiots At 6 AM in the dark no less :LOL:

Well trying to accomidate both coasts. Figured I would do it like sports do. I am open to any other ideas
WE4

Thanks for the hard work that is going into this, keep your spirits up. Cant wait thanks, Tony