Up pipe fitment

macatoni

Buick Powered
Recently swapped the injectors and while i was in there i went ahead and installed the RJC power plate. Now i really doubt it made that much of a difference the extra 5mm out height from the TB but now my up pipe does not fit!

Not quite sure exactly how it was installed before as i just bought the car and its the first time ive dug into it. It came off fairly effortlessly but when i went to put it back on there just isnt enough pipe/hose clamp to fully seat in both the TB and intercooler. The only way i can get it remotely close is to clamp down on the lip of the up pipe. If i seat it properly on either the TB or intercooler then it doesnt reach the opposite side connection. Light was going dim so i called it a night but im wondering whether it was ever on there properly and can i possibly loosen up the intercooler mounts and get the extra space made up? Longer connecting hose at the TB?

Anyone else run into this problem?

Dave

It's got the highway stars heavy duty hoses and clamps but stock intercooler, tb and up pipe

Not a bad idea to loosen the IC mounts first. Take the hoses off and hold the pipe between the TB and the IC. That should tell you what is going on.