Up coming restoration parts

Bweavy

Car Hoarder
Some of you know & some of you do not know what we have been working on for the last 14 months.
We have taken about $100,000.00 worth of NOS parts & 2 vehicles to build new concourse restoration parts. So what are we building & what cars?
Being Gbodyparts we do more then just Buicks but every one knows this is my favorite of the Gbody. We sent out a Buick GN & Hurst Olds to have parts re created. You have seen some of our few begining products but it is getting ready to get real busy real quick.
The bumper fillers seem to have been a great sucess. We sold over 100 sets in 45 days. Other vendors are carrying them & quite happy as well.
The moon roof seals, We sold over 120 in 2 weeks. Built better then GM.
The Grand National aluminum wheels. I have had nothing but "the pictures do not do them justice comments"

So that was our first start & what came to market. I want to thank all that have been patient & supported our efforts. This is what we have coming to market in the next 30-90 days.
Well here is a picture, some times a picture is worth a thousand words.
IMG_0443.JPG

Yes this is a Mold for new door skins & complete doors. We are working on every piece of sheet metal & including cowl hoods. The t-top front roof section & A-pillar will be out before christmas.
New bumpers front & rear. Bumperettes, & impact strips. White lines & straight black. Bumperettes & pads. Who would of ever thought of new aluminum front & rear bumper re-enforcements???

Next thing we have been working on is lighting. We are doing all new lights.
This is the amber & clear bumper marker light samples. I saw samples of all the lighting last week.
IMAG2005.jpg
IMAG2013.jpg

Every piece of trim is being done. We recieved T-top exterior trim & it is dead on. Last week we were meeting with our manufacturers & had a NOS rear trunk lid molding & 2 reproductions. It took a few minutes to figure out which unit was original after pasing them around. Yes even the plastic end caps are attached.

I have a lot of pics that I will up load. Any question fire away. I have most of the data for when things will be reproduced. Same people who did our bumper fillers are doing all the new colored shifter handles. Even 84 GN sand gray. New consoles. We will start out with new lower bases. All color coded correct samples.

Wow Did GBody hit the lottery?
No.
We teamed up with Good Mark a division now of LKQ.
I would post some of the Olds stuff but this is a Buick forum.

Any questions or pictures requested fire away. I'll answer them.

Door skins are going to be a big hit.

Door skins are going to be a big hit.
I kind of thought so also. I gave them NOS doors & door skins.
The little ridge on the bottom is what I am checking on in the picture. Checking to make sure that the curve was correct. It is hard to tell on a painted door due to the rock guard. That curve is significant on a new door skin.

Damn Brian when do you find time to drink a beer? I will have one for you since you are busy...
Nice work !!!

Bryan

Very nice. I hope the belt tensioners are on your list. They are getting ridiculous in price and finding one.

Very nice. I hope the belt tensioners are on your list. They are getting ridiculous in price and finding one.
I plan on making them in Gold to Justify the pricing ;)
I actually met with a few manufacturers who have the capability. I want to keep as much as we can U.S. built.
I got a quote back on the 2 style of power steering reservoirs & almost fell over. I asked for a run of 125 each per style (250) for the first initial order. I undertsand the tooling being expensive but I have to be able to re-sell at a reasonable price also. This is what is going on with the tensioners. We are a small tight knit communitty. That being said quantity gets best pricing. So I can not sell 10,000 of 1 part. I want to offer all these parts to all Buick vendors for re-sale or it will never work. We will never be able to get the quantities needed.

Quantity will determine pricing. If we can not get the price low enough I can't see charging extrordinary prices. I'm pretty picky & want the best quality. I would not sell something sub par. The last few NOS Tensioners we had left we were selling for just under $200. The reason being is to see what the market could bare. I could of probablly sold for more. But I was once a customer also. hard to justify that price at even $200 in my opinion. I think if we can get them below $150 they would sell OK. That would be to me the highest target price.
I am currently thinking it may be best to approach gates to see if they will do another run of these. The question will still come back Quantity. Not sure what we will be doing 100% yet.

Bryan I have priorities. I drank after the meetings last week ;)

SFI Cutlass Olds lower patch panels for the rear quarters just arrived 3 minutes ago. I will be installing on one of our 84 H/O's this weeked.
I'll post some pics up of the 86 Cutlass Grills , head light bezels below. Guess which bezel is NOS? Left or right.
IMAG2315.jpg

View attachment 171598

Attachments

• IMAG2321.jpg
    IMAG2321.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 207
Bweavy said:
check the before & after pics here:
http://www.gbodyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=40834&start=30#p348177

BTW what year is your Cutlass? 442 or a H/O ?

That is awesome! Parts look identical and the fitment on the 442 looks perfect!

My cutlass is a 87 brougham with every option but a rear window defroster. I currently have all 87 t type interior color matched dark blue with a freshly built steering column painted with the blue interior paint you supply!

The color and durability of the paint is second to none!

Your the guy looking for the NOS rear defrost switch with the blue trim ? Also looking for the headliner & visors? :)
Well good news I have the 87 Grills at the manufacturers as well. We looked at the orange marker headlight markers & made an executive decision to have that dumb Mold line removed . It was just a poor way of casting the light. With new technology it isn't needed.
The First tail lights for the olds will be 84-88 style as well.
I'm assuming you have seen the new bumper marker lights for the Olds in amber & clear?
IMAG2112.jpg

New Clear Olds on Right
IMAG2105.jpg

Bweavy said:
Your the guy looking for the NOS rear defrost switch with the blue trim ? Also looking for the headliner & visors? :)
Well good news I have the 87 Grills at the manufacturers as well. We looked at the orange marker headlight markers & made an executive decision to have that dumb Mold line removed . It was just a poor way of casting the light. With new technology it isn't needed.
The First tail lights for the olds will be 84-88 style as well.
I'm assuming you have seen the new bumper marker lights for the Olds in amber & clear?

New Clear Olds on Right

No that is not me.

As for the corner light it will be a very interesting piece to see in person and lit up!

I had a company that makes clear corners lay some of their material and make me some clear corners. IMO I think it makes the front end look more modern. Any chance you could make some clear corner side lights or clear rear tail lights?

Any thoughts of making the reverse lights right under the trunk lid? A few years back I seen a pair of 87 nos reverse lights still in the original boxes sell for $1000!

Will the 87 grills come in chrome or black like the 442? Mine or painted but I don't think the paint will last to long.

Here's a few pics of what I'm working with.

image-666387751.jpg

image-697546050.jpg

Bweavy said:
I plan on making them in Gold to Justify the pricing ;)
I actually met with a few manufacturers who have the capability. I want to keep as much as we can U.S. built.
I got a quote back on the 2 style of power steering reservoirs & almost fell over. I asked for a run of 125 each per style (250) for the first initial order. I undertsand the tooling being expensive but I have to be able to re-sell at a reasonable price also. This is what is going on with the tensioners. We are a small tight knit communitty. That being said quantity gets best pricing. So I can not sell 10,000 of 1 part. I want to offer all these parts to all Buick vendors for re-sale or it will never work. We will never be able to get the quantities needed.

Quantity will determine pricing. If we can not get the price low enough I can't see charging extrordinary prices. I'm pretty picky & want the best quality. I would not sell something sub par. The last few NOS Tensioners we had left we were selling for just under $200. The reason being is to see what the market could bare. I could of probablly sold for more. But I was once a customer also. hard to justify that price at even $200 in my opinion. I think if we can get them below $150 they would sell OK. That would be to me the highest target price.
I am currently thinking it may be best to approach gates to see if they will do another run of these. The question will still come back Quantity. Not sure what we will be doing 100% yet.

Bryan I have priorities. I drank after the meetings last week ;)

SFI Cutlass Olds lower patch panels for the rear quarters just arrived 3 minutes ago. I will be installing on one of our 84 H/O's this weeked.
I'll post some pics up of the 86 Cutlass Grills , head light bezels below. Guess which bezel is NOS? Left or right.

That's a great idea. Gates must still have the tooling. Either buy it or ask for another run. NAPA had it listed until last summer.

Ill be needing a door by christmas. Thanks for all the hard work your putting into making all this possible.

No that is not me.

As for the corner light it will be a very interesting piece to see in person and lit up!

I had a company that makes clear corners lay some of their material and make me some clear corners. IMO I think it makes the front end look more modern. Any chance you could make some clear corner side lights or clear rear tail lights?

Any thoughts of making the reverse lights right under the trunk lid? A few years back I seen a pair of 87 nos reverse lights still in the original boxes sell for $1000!

Will the 87 grills come in chrome or black like the 442? Mine or painted but I don't think the paint will last to long.

Here's a few pics of what I'm working with.

View attachment 171670

View attachment 171672

Hey some one put an Olds front clip on your Buick!
We have the Olds reverse lights in line as well. The 84-88 first. I am trying to find the GM red color code now for the accent stripe so it will be correct, talk about tough. Ours will be $995 what a deal LOL
Pricing is going to be very reasonable. We will also be creating complete lighting packages.
On the 87 Grills we will make both styles. We pull up how many vehicles are still on the road. Lets just say for round #'s there are 1000 87 442's on the road taged & insured. We would build 100-150 Black 87 442 Grills. If they move rather quick then it is understood that there is a demand & more need to be built. Due to cloning or parts Highly needed for that application. Then rest will be chrome based on the same percentages.
I just received the tracking # today for the Olds 87-88 test fit lights. Keep in mind we do not focus on the trim or color 100%. They will come in & may not even be polished. This is T1 test fit. Then color. Then illumination test. So you will see an original NOS & the aftermarket illuminated.
As far as clear lights it depends on how popular an item is. We build say 250 tail lights. they sell real quick & are a popular mover then other applications would take place to test the popularity. Right now Hi Quality Restoration is the main focus.

Coach right now we are exchanging e-mails.

Rude Dog when we have an expected arrival date I will post up. We usually give discounts on pre -orders before they arrive. I'm sure they will be in line with the other GBody style doors as far as pricing.

Bweavy said:
Hey some one put an Olds front clip on your Buick!
We have the Olds reverse lights in line as well. The 84-88 first. I am trying to find the GM red color code now for the accent stripe so it will be correct, talk about tough. Ours will be $995 what a deal LOL
Pricing is going to be very reasonable. We will also be creating complete lighting packages.
On the 87 Grills we will make both styles. We pull up how many vehicles are still on the road. Lets just say for round #'s there are 1000 87 442's on the road taged & insured. We would build 100-150 Black 87 442 Grills. If they move rather quick then it is understood that there is a demand & more need to be built. Due to cloning or parts Highly needed for that application. Then rest will be chrome based on the same percentages.
I just received the tracking # today for the Olds 87-88 test fit lights. Keep in mind we do not focus on the trim or color 100%. They will come in & may not even be polished. This is T1 test fit. Then color. Then illumination test. So you will see an original NOS & the aftermarket illuminated.
As far as clear lights it depends on how popular an item is. We build say 250 tail lights. they sell real quick & are a popular mover then other applications would take place to test the popularity. Right now Hi Quality Restoration is the main focus.

Coach right now we are exchanging e-mails.

Rude Dog when we have an expected arrival date I will post up. We usually give discounts on pre -orders before they arrive. I'm sure they will be in line with the other GBody style doors as far as pricing.

Haha! I also put the regal front end on my cutlass! Jk.

Its going to be very interesting to see these parts remade cause they are so difficult to find!

$995 for the reverse lights! Wow that's not a deal that's a steal a full $5 off ill take them lol!

Well thanks again for bringing these parts back from the dead and keep striving for perfection!

Keep us updated on future progress.

Just got a shyt pile of lights in today. Including your 87-88 Style Olds header panel marker lights. All T-1 test fit Except the Olds Bumper Marker lights for chrome quality verification.
The Buick Chrome trim front head light bezel marker lights blow away the factory regal units. All the little imperfections & waves you would have are gone. Perfectly straight piece with beautiful chrome.
I imagine back in 83 this is how they looked before the molds got wear on them.
Pics tomorrow. I'm outta here.