Up coming Door skins & pictures of them being test fitted & installed

Bweavy

Car Hoarder
buickdoorskin.JPG

We got these in late yesterday evening. You can see NOS on the right repro on the left.
Repro weighs in just a little heavier due to the quality & the increase in steel thickness.
The little bit extra takes a lot of the flex out of the door skin & should also the whole door.

Toby P. out in Ohio grabbed a door he had laying around & did his first attempt at skinning a door. So for any one who wants to try this You can see what is involved.
IMAG3509.jpg
IMAG3510.jpg
IMAG3511.jpg

Now that he removed the skinhe is cleaning up the edges.
IMAG3515[1].jpg

Attachments

• IMAG3516[1].jpg
    IMAG3516[1].jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 164
Keep in mind this is in a 28 X 32 garage in Ohio. I'm sure he was drinking beer by the afternoon.
IMAG3524[1].jpg
IMAG3525[1].jpg
IMAG3523[1].jpg

Brian;
See that door is the same as mine with the studs for the trim. Wondering how he plans on putting them back on.

Heard tell GBody Parts is working on the frame member that goes across the back seat that attaches to the inner rocker panel. The one that's such a pita to get at no one wants to part one out.

This is so?

Brian;
See that door is the same as mine with the studs for the trim. Wondering how he plans on putting them back on.

Heard tell GBody Parts is working on the frame member that goes across the back seat that attaches to the inner rocker panel. The one that's such a pita to get at no one wants to part one out.

This is so?
The lower clips are Generally pop riveted back on unless your a body shop. Then you can weld the studs.

Yes we used a 23K mile car to scrifice the sheet metal under the back seat, the section to the top of the trunk area, The trunk drop off, & the complete trunk pan.
We have the inner wheel housing for the Buick & the Olds completed as well.

We just got in a 87 Olds cutty hit hard in the front. We can cut that sheet metal out if you need it.

I sure would be interested in the rear seat pan (entire). I'll have to take some measurements.
More to the point though is I need that rear brace that runs underneath it (from rocker to rocker).

Last time I spoke with you on it, you weren't too keen on cutting one out, since it's a bear to get to the spot welds on the inner rocker.
Having done it, I would agree but it's not that bad.:D

Brian, the skins look awesome !!!!!!!

You should have sent him beer for the install.......:D

Bryan

Beer bottles were cropped out of the picture. Toby & I judge Jobs by the amounts of beer needed to accomplish. I think this was a 3 beer job ;)

Beer bottles were cropped out of the picture. Toby & I judge Jobs by the amounts of beer needed to accomplish. I think this was a 3 beer job ;)

We actually are having the lower stamped 12" being built now for the inside. This skin is for the outside. Slightly thicker then factory. The lines are nice & crisp as it was done off an early door skin. I compared it to a late skin we have & you can tell by the lines how much sharper these are.