Ultradyne cam: too big?, old tech?, no tech?

big_buick

student of speed
I've been trying to workout a miss matched combo i bought my car with for a while now. One big question mark is the cam. i've only met one other user with a tta. The rebuild invoice states under the parts section "Ultradyne cam 266 deg. .442lift" then at the bottom it reads "cam specs: lift 471
112 lobe seperation 210 dur.@50.

The closest thing i could find on ultradyne.com is listed in the Buick v6 section as turbocharged performance, specs are:
in/ex
Dur. @50- gross lift - Dur @seat - lobe sep.
221/211 .485/.471 276/266 108 deg.

I've done a lot of searching and its big compared to what most guys have. Right now my car has the stock turbo,ic,injectors. hooker headers and down pipe and a 3" single
it also has a casper ultrachip 8 pos burned for combo. It seems to idle fairly well with a slight lope. lacks lowend but hookers.

I'm was leaning toward putting together a somewhere in the 11's street/strip combo, as of now on the shelf i have a walbro 340M, MSD 50's, and a set of stock headers

what kind of combo would this cam match up with? full race? I know all you guru's hate cam threads but i could use some informed opinions

I suggest leaving it, the cam is not the magic piece in a motor like these. That cam will be fine.

Put the stock headers on and the 50's in.

Get a medium turbo (TE52,54,61), medium intercooler (V4,stretch,BG), and optimize the combination with some tuning. You will probably want a different torque converter to help spool the turbo, or spend the converter money on the ball bearing option for the turbo.

If the motor is healthy, then 11's should not be a problem (octane permitting).

TurboBob

yeah thats kinda what i got after looking through tons of cam threads. i guess mines in the camp of longer intake duration like a supercharger cam, right?

Anyone with combos/times running a similar size cam? just to get some ideas.

To throw into my combo equation also on the rebuild invoice as headwork it says complete valve job, valve pockets enlarged, match jet ports. I've asked before and been told this is considered pocket ported, is this like the training bra of head porting? ;)