UGLY WHEEL NIGHT @Barrett Jackson 2018

Coach

Bo ran away with my goat :(
Am I the only one who thought that 80%of the cars that rolled thru last night had the ugliest fucking rims ever made on them? This extra large rim bullshit has got to stop. My God can you ruin a car with the wrong wheels, but to make it look like a Chuck Wagon is a complete joke.

upload_2018-1-18_6-10-14.jpeg

I swear it seems as though the designers are literally mocking the people who buy some of these wheels. In that, it looks like they pick the ugliest farking design they can come up with and match it out there and yet people still buy it.

There’s so much that goes into finding the right wheel (such as offset and back spacing) which requires a great deal of research and thought. Which is why the GNX Wheels look so darn good on the GNX Car’s. But, here again the designer took the time to figure out all the particulars including flare size and the like. And it seems like “Stance” is totally ignored on some of these modern aftermarket wheels. As they’re just plain FUGLY!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I swear it seems as though the designers are literally mocking the people who buy some of these wheels. In that, it looks like they pick the ugliest farking design they can come up with and match it out there and yet people still buy it.

There’s so much that goes into finding the right wheel (such as offset and back spacing) which requires a great deal of research and thought. Which is why the GNX Wheels look so darn good on the GNX Car’s. But, here again the designer took the time to figure out all the particulars including flare size and the like. And it seems like “Stance” is totally ignored on some of these modern aftermarket wheels. As they’re just plain FUGLY!!

I understand what you're saying but let's not forget that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and also "different strokes for different folks"…and last "to each his own". What looks wrong to some people might look great to others and over time, I've learned to accept this as a fact and now, I've become much more "permissive" whenever I see a car built a different way that I would've built it…
I also find that trends are different from an area to the other. For example, what's "in" in the north east states might be different from what's popular in the south, and the west coast, etc…

Claude. ;)

I understand what you're saying but let's not forget that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and also "different strokes for different folks"…and last "to each his own". What looks wrong to some people might look great to others and over time, I've learned to accept this as a fact and now, I've become much more "permissive" whenever I see a car built a different way that I would've built it…
I also find that trends are different from an area to the other. For example, what's "in" in the north east states might be different from what's popular in the south, and the west coast, etc…

Claude. ;)

I’m with you and I understand what you are saying. And perhaps in the first part of my rant I was sort of doing that. However, I’m not really ditching on huge wheels, or any wheel in particular for that matter. Because when I see a wheel where someone appears to going after a “specific look” and yet they screw up “the whole premise” with say an improper offset, not enough back spacing, or the like. Then that’s just nuts! And there were quite a few high dollars cars where you could tell the builder was going for a specific look and yet he clearly missed his mark. And that is on them for not for doing the research or not having the vision to blend the wheels to the aesthetic of the car. And there is a difference, trust me!!

I think it comes from people trying so hard to do something "different" (just like everybody else).

Close to the same way I feel about bandwagon tattoos