U joints at the Nationals

87GNALKY

I plan to run 275/60 R15s so I'm kind of expecting a u-joint issue if I do decide to compete at all with the B3 folks. Just purchased.
LIMITED LIFETIME REPLACEMENT
Part # 234 from Advance which states it is a perfect fit for my 87. If someone breaks one before I do, hit me up as I will have it on hand. Not sure how many folks out there would have a stock Drive shaft, but this is supposedly the u-joint needed.

Exact Fit for your 1987 Buick Regal Grand National
;Non-Greasable Super Strength; At Transmission; Inside Lock RingsNon-Greasable Super Strength; at Rear Axle; Inside Lock Rings
Show more fitment details

You will need a torch to get the plastic that GM injects in the originals out if the ujoints haven't been changed before.

I hit em with my mapp gas torch and it squirts out like one of those snake fireworks.

New driveshaft for the rated power and at least 1350 joints front and back is the way to go. I saw a racer, cough, JD, cough, break 3 stockers in one afternoon. Ended up cracking his trans as well as tearing up his exhaust.

I hit em with my mapp gas torch and it squirts out like one of those snake fireworks.
Back in the old days, I did plumbing work for a living. A company I did installs for use to pay piece work wages. I would use an auto ignite torch handle and MAPP gas and the other guys would use propane and manual ignite. I would install any fitting, water meter, hot water heater; you name it 2 to their 1 install. It took them all quite a while to understand the heat diferrences between MAPP and propane as well as a single click of a torch handle verses a manual attenuation knob and a lighter.... I was making double of anything they could do on their best day. The good ole plumbing days... I can still use the bread trick and get er done... Kind of wish I still did that kind of work sometimes..

New driveshaft for the rated power and at least 1350 joints front and back is the way to go. I saw a racer, cough, JD, cough, break 3 stockers in one afternoon. Ended up cracking his trans as well as tearing up his exhaust.
Yeah I picked up an extra just in case I needed a quick change but was just offering to help anyone in the community that gets in a bind between running or going home pissed. Doesn't matter now, I wont be there. I had tubes installed into my ears and have an equilibrium issue to deal with. I would rather miss my first time running than to inadvertently switch lanes and hurt someone. I thought I would get cleared to drive by the 23rd, but I have not. Just be ready for my 15 second car next year Bi**hs cuz Im gunning for all B3 cars in 2020!!

Looking around for some more info on U-joints before I do my re-build... Do you have any info on what the diferrences are between the Part # 234 from Advance which states it is a perfect fit for my 87,,,,, which is just a stock replacement, likely meant for 250 or less HP and the 1350 U-Joints? I'm thinking that where I'm going even the 1350 wont be quite enogh, but maybe it would be perfect as far as weight and strength go... Kinda looking at changing drive shaft as well as the staged build of my 200r4 and looking for any helpful info you may have... Thank you sir.