Twin Turbo Buick GS Project

I think we've decided on the basic engine parts. Should be capable of close to 1k HP without the turbos.:eek:

Turbos specs will come later but probably going to stick with something in the 76mm range. Power shouldn't be an issue...............:biggrin:

GMPP tall deck LSX block
Callies forged billet crank
Oliver billet rods
Wiseco forged pistons
Performance Induction 285cc Heads
Jesel valvetrain
Marcella custom sheetmetal intake
Solid roller cam

Cool project. If buick would have only made or would make a RWD LS based platform then the LS motor would be a Buick power plant and youd be set. Well set for BG at least.

Good luck and look forward to build progress pics

Cool project. If buick would have only made or would make a RWD LS based platform then the LS motor would be a Buick power plant and youd be set. Well set for BG at least.

Good luck and look forward to build progress pics
They already do and it's called the Buick Lucerne! ;)

Tell us more! How are you going to make 1000 HP without FI? I haven't seen much above 650 without help from FI or nitrous. Also, what cubes are you settling on? Compression?

Thanks Jason

Tell us more! How are you going to make 1000 HP without FI? I haven't seen much above 650 without help from FI or nitrous. Also, what cubes are you settling on? Compression?

Thanks Jason

Didn't say I was......simply meant the raw components could be set up to be capable of close to 1k - not in this application.

This engine should end up being over 1k on pump gas with conservative boost using and over 1500hp with good fuel and more boost. If we wanted to up the turbo size and lean on it pretty good, 2000hp is attainable but I don't plan on getting completely stupid with it - at least not initially. We've got some pretty neat tricks on the drawing board for this engine but a lot is still yet to be decided.

Cubes are going to be 455 simply for the nostalgic sake. Compression will depend on things like combustion chamber volumes, turbos, boost levels, etc that haven't been finalized yet.

Didn't say I was......simply meant the raw components could be set up to be capable of close to 1k - not in this application.

This engine should end up being over 1k on pump gas with conservative boost using and over 1500hp with good fuel and more boost. If we wanted to up the turbo size and lean on it pretty good, 2000hp is attainable but I don't plan on getting completely stupid with it - at least not initially. We've got some pretty neat tricks on the drawing board for this engine but a lot is still yet to be decided.

Cubes are going to be 455 simply for the nostalgic sake. Compression will depend on things like combustion chamber volumes, turbos, boost levels, etc that haven't been finalized yet.

OOOO I gotcha. Ya, your build components definately are the best!

Keep us updated.

Thanks Jason

Gotta watch ya Will...

Your a very, very sneaky guy, Who knows where this build will end up...;)

Updates Will,updates..............:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Gotta watch ya Will...

Your a very, very sneaky guy, Who knows where this build will end up...;)

Now how am I sneaky John? You have been in on this project from it's inception. Don't make me post up that pic of your wing idea!:eek: I'll see you Friday for the mayhem to begin!

Updates Will,updates..............:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

The car has just had 2 new reproduction quarter panels installed. I am picking the car up this week and delivering it directly to ARK Hot Rods who does JEVANS work. A lot is still on the drawing board at this point. The goal is for it to have AC, power steering, and be able to drive to the track and run 7s. Engine should put down around 1k HP with low boost and 1800-2000hp with the boost cranked up. It will definitely be unique to the Buick world. We're not playing games with this one :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Now how am I sneaky John? You have been in on this project from it's inception. Don't make me post up that pic of your wing idea!:eek: I'll see you Friday for the mayhem to begin!
I hear ya Will...I believe you've got a good poker face though. I'm sure you've got a wild card or two your not showing...

You may want to keep the wing thing on the down low, don't want to let everyone in on our "top secret" design...:rolleyes:

Looking forward to seeing you guys on Friday. My GN is waiting on your magic touch...

Well, it's officially underway. 3 days and 1500 miles later the car has been picked up and delivered to ARK Hot Rods for the sparks to start flying. I have no doubt the car is in good hands for the fabrication stage. Also got to hang out with jevans and see some of his toys which is another story in itself. After seeing his stuff I'm glad he's in on the braintrust for this build! We'll start ordering and fabbing parts tomorrow. Stay tuned...........

You are in good hands down there...They have done some work for me in the past. Can't wait to see what they turn out!

Jason

The motor is under construction - mainly waiting on parts right now - crank, pistons, intake. Changed direction a bit on the parts list from the original plan. We're using an LSX block, settled on fully ported All-Pros, and a custom Hogan intake set up for dual injectors per cylinder. The biggest decision has been to go with an Electromotive TEC3r ignition/fuel management system. I figured everything else on this thing was different so why not the engine management? Main reason was the ignition strategy the Electro uses is extremely accurate and it also has the ability for dual injector per cylinder. Since this will be a "street" car we will be able to cruise around on a smaller primary injector and then have the second larger set on a separate fuel system with race fuel come in at a designated MAP level - octane on demand more or less.

The car is currently mocked up at ride height waiting on the rear wheels to come in. I hope to have some progress pictures to post later on this week.

Sounds like a couple of better choices.

Not my choice in EFI but it's a touchy subject. I hope it works out well.
Looking forward to some new pics.

Best of luck with it.

The Electromotive system wasn't my first choice either but let's just say I was talked into it by a pro and should have plenty of support getting acclimated to it. I originally wanted to run a FAST system since that's what I'm most familiar with but the idea of having to run a separate box for the coil on plug ignition plus the lack of dual injector per cylinder controls led me in the Electro direction.

Here's a couple of pics of the car as it currently sits. It ain't much as far as progress goes but we're still waiting on parts - mainly the real wheels. Car is sitting real close to the final ride height with the 315/60 DRs just sitting under it to get a feel for how it'll look. The seats are Corbeaus. Thanks for shooting the pics John!

09-10-10_004.jpg

09-10-10_003.jpg

08-29-10_031.jpg

Wheels finally showed up.:D

MT 315/60s on Weld Vitesse 15 x 12s custom built with double beadlocks and 15 x 3.5s with MT 26 x 4 x 15s

Now we can get things rolling on the chassis.............

09-16-10_003.jpg

09-16-10_005.jpg