Twin Turbo Buick GS Project

This engine was possibly going to be one of the guinea pigs for them. Tom and I talked about it but they weren't finished at the time and I didn't want to wait. I'm personally not sold on them other than for aesthetic/packaging sakes. I also wanted to have the ability to change turbos without having to redo all the charge piping layout. The plan is to possibly upgrade to a hybrid small frame billet 88 in the future if we decide we need more power.

The tunnel looks nice Will. The engine compartment is starting to fill up and you still have a few things to add. Should look really busy by the time to get the downpipes mounted.

This may go down as one of the most over the top "street cars" ever built. Has anyone told you, your just a little crazy ? I've got to keep an eye on you and Alec, you guys are just pulling all the tricks out on this build...

YOU calling ME crazy - c'mon John.......really?

Alec is a fabricating madman when he's on his game. I come up with ideas and Alec's the one who makes them crazy. I don't think his bag of tricks has a bottom.

YOU calling ME crazy - c'mon John.......really?

Alec is a fabricating madman when he's on his game. I come up with ideas and Alec's the one who makes them crazy. I don't think his bag of tricks has a bottom.

I'm pretty sure crazy fits in there somewhere Will...

Hey, I was mild mannered, laid back, Mustang guy until I met up with you. You my friend are a bad influence. It's my story and I'm sticking to it. "Will made me do it", sounds about right...

Alec is coming up with some really neat stuff on the GS, can't wait to see it finished.

In case anyone is interested........

Firewall is done. Recessed the coil packs into pockets in the firewall to clean things up a bit.

dc134489.jpg

78362d39.jpg

88fcd980.jpg

Yeah - it's all just boring everyday bolt-on stuff.

Ordered most of it from Jeg's.......:confused:

I can't tell you how many '70 GS Buick's I've seen with 1600hp twin turbo's on 315's with a 25.3 cage. You might think of building something a little different next time...:D

Hey, I hear guys are starting to build Mustang's, ever think of building something like that ?

It's been a while but in case anyone is still interested we are almost done with the fabrication stage of the build........

Seam sealed/primed firewall, Wilwood master cylinder, and steering linkage
file-6.jpg

DSide downpipe mockup
file-3.jpg

PSide downpipe mockup
file-2.jpg

3" to 3.5" transition from turbo (for future upgrades)
file-4.jpg

Transition from round to oval tubing
file-7.jpg

Borla mufflers
file-12.jpg

3.5" tubing over the rear (this was a major pain but it clears)
file-9.jpg

Overall the exhaust is tucked between the cage and the body - it won't even be visible unless you roll under the car
file-13.jpg

Few more misc progress pics.....

Heat exchanger mounted under trunk floor for liquid intercooler....
file.jpg

Tubular radiator mount
file-1.jpg

file-14.jpg

Bell crank throttle linkage - this took some heavy duty thinking to figure out - Alec is smarter than me.......what can I say?
file-11.jpg

file-10.jpg

Bulkhead for AC lines thru firewall
file-8.jpg

Removable trans crossmember
file-5.jpg

It's starting to take shape. Hats off to my man Alec - the guru of fabrication!

Glad to see you're still at it Will. I just got mine off the ground again so hopefully I can get a little further on it.;)