Twin "Charging"

I see no snout on the supercharger. Looks like they pulled out the guts and used a blockoff plate. Some Lightning guys who go to turbos do the same thing. Looks like they just need to fab up a FMIC and piping and they'll be all set. The Lightnings are getting about 80hp more at the same boost levels with a turbo. My only concern is that the PCM is sitting about 6 inches from the exhaust side of the turbo. :eek:

i asked him whats up with the piping, no answer yet, but i believe all he is missing is the turbo outlet piping to MAF on the nose of whatever intake he fabbed up....but i could be WAY off

notice though, how nice it purrs even though the piping is off, where ours buck and die if we try that

Originally posted by TylerDurden
notice though, how nice it purrs even though the piping is off, where ours buck and die if we try that

The reason for this is because his MAF sits right before the Throttle body which will be on the pressure side of the turbo. With the turbo bypassed his MAF is still metering air into the engine. When we remove our piping we have taken the MAF out of the loop. I'm sure if you took off your up pipe and plumbed the MAF right up to the TB your car would idle good too.

Thats pretty interesting. How exactly does a bypass work on an M90? I'm assuming the bypass blade/door that opens connects the area above the rotor blades to the lower intake plenum???