tv suggestions

I love Samsung. Never had any issues with them

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I've had a couple vizio's for about 8 years with no issues. They were the best bang for the buck at the time. I've had multiple people ask if I had a blu-ray in when watching a normal movie. Of course a lot of things could have changed in 8 years.

I have a nice 4 year old Samsung it works great.

However, I would buy an OLED TV if I were in the market today.

A big improvement in technology I think. :cool:

I like my Vizio smart tv. With a smart tv I think I will be able to get an antenna and just use either cable internet router or get ATT phone and internet router. Then subscribe to Netflix and maybe Hula. My son is going to check into it for his house and if it works set it up for me.

I'm reading all the kuddo's for Samsung... Wow. I'm sorry guys but that's hard to believe. I have had nothing but bad luck with this brand and they don't stand behind their products. Whether it's cell phones, stereo's and/or TV's nothing but bad luck

The wife went through 3 Samsung cell phones she would take a pic and the phone would shut itself off. The home receiver it went out in 1 day, the store replaced it and the 2nd one lasted 3 months. The Samsung 50inch TV lost it's color everything was shades of green. The TV was less than 2yrs old and this was back when they cost $1500.00-2K for that size. Samsung has a local office here where I live and they treat you like the plague.

I'm glad you guys have had good stuff from them, bad luck for me I guess. I'm in for anything Sharp, Vizio or LG.

Died how? My 10 year old samsung DLP had some pixelling that I fixed for a few bucks. Replaced a few blown bulbs but it's still going strong and didn't cost hundreds to replace. Might be fixable. Worth a try- if you like saving money, at least. :)

I bought the LG 60UH6150 4K Ultra smart LED tv back in September 2016. It's a 2016 model....must say, I've been just amazed! Picture quality is just fantastic! No troubles at all. Got it from Amazon, under $1,000, free shipping, no tax, professional delivery, and those guys even hauled my still working 36" Magnavox tube TV out to the garage for me, since it weighed nearly 175 pounds!

I'm addicted to the incredible picture quality....has 120 refresh rate.....man, never had such a big TV in my whole life! Can't believe I've been stuck with a 36" tube TV since 2002! Thing still works great, too, but it's too damn heavy! Don't know what in hell to do with it, sits in the garage now.

SalvageV6 has a good point...try to get an OLED if you can....prices are coming down on those.....can't beat OLED.......wish I had waited, but just couldn't, World Series coming up, Indy 500 coming up, Super Bowl, fall shows, so I went with 4k Ultra 60". Would have gone bigger if I had the room. Perfect viewing at 8 feet. Just LOVE it.

I did months of research on Samsungs and the feedback on them were not too good......seems the LG has the best customer service.

Don't know why your LG quit after only 3 years.......surprised it did. Sure hope mine doesn't do that in three years.......

Bruce '87 Grand National

All Sony here . My current 70" 4K Sony was recommended by a LG tech !!

RCA 40'' I've had it for 4 years and works perfect. I've always had good luck with the brand.

thanks for the tips guys. the way it just quit led me to believe it was a power supply so i took it to work yesterday when i was off ripped it apart and got it working again using part from 2 computer monitor power supplies with help one from some of our it folks. good as new now.

yea it wouldn't power back up, it was on then shut off power supply went bad got it fixed at work.

yea it wouldn't power back up, it was on then shut off power supply went bad got it fixed at work.
OK cool, they had bad caps in their power supplies. I was going to suggest heating the power supply board up with a hair dryer / heat gun. If it powered up its the capacitors, glad you got it fixed, I've repaired a couple for friends, the caps dry out and TV does not power up or tries to power up and shuts off right away.