TV Show Says Transtar Offers 200-4r Billet Trans Gears?

GNVYUS 1

I'm watching some car repair episode Friday Dec 23rd on Discovery and the guy had a 84 Regal with an 86 GN engine in it.

They get a trans from Transtar, Level 4, he goes through the parts and eventually says....

Billet trans gears???

Is this true, someone makes the gears now for us, not just the drum and input shaft?

Hilarious part was they had a trans to hold 800+ hp (probably a sponsor to get it out there) and it made stockish power on the Dynojet at 16psi, something like 250hp/320tq.

I just saw that, typical TV car show pushing parts for their sponsers. The part I didn't get was the dyno operator saying if you add more boost it won't make anymore power because of the camshaft? Did they mean valve springs or do you need some super special cam to make power above 16psi?

Was pathetic on another episode they ran it at the track after all there foolish upgrades it ran a 15.35 at 97.The Trans place is called Gearstar they sell 3 different 200’s highest price was over 6k looks like garbage Converters as well.

Oh Gearstar, OK then they do...

They say...
300M planetary assembly

If they don't sell these separately I'll send ours to a CNC friend and have them made if I ever eat one.

Love watching the tv shows try and do a GN. They’ll throw all these triple ball bearing turbos and Holley efi and a gear star trans or something at it then wonder why the motor doesn’t run right when they didn’t touch the valve springs. Or do the simplest common sense things that we all know about. I find myself screaming at the screen whenever I watch something like that nowadays lol

That show airs on Friday here. I have it set to record next week. New season with the girl. The Grandtrashional redemption episode.

Love watching the tv shows try and do a GN. They’ll throw all these triple ball bearing turbos and Holley efi and a gear star trans or something at it then wonder why the motor doesn’t run right when they didn’t touch the valve springs. Or do the simplest common sense things that we all know about. I find myself screaming at the screen whenever I watch something like that nowadays lol
Or do a compression test and leak down😉

You guys talking about Hotrod Garage? If so, I agree. Lucky is a talented (and pretty funny) guy but should stay in his wheelhouse with LS motors.

You guys talking about Hotrod Garage? If so, I agree. Lucky is a talented (and pretty funny) guy but should stay in his wheelhouse with LS motors.
It wasn’t lucky it was Tony Angelo and a guy who stood in for Lucky who was out with Covid.

I watched all the grand National episodes. I was screaming at the screen. Also. Ported heads and cam and massive turbo and all this stuff to run what. 15.02 in the 1/4 blowing all the oil out the rear main. Made 400 tq and 370 hp. With PORTED HEADS AND A GOOD ROLLER CAM. Had like cruze headers and all this unnecessary stuff on it. 10 second car running 15’s.

I watched all the grand National episodes. I was screaming at the screen. Also. Ported heads and cam and massive turbo and all this stuff to run what. 15.02 in the 1/4 blowing all the oil out the rear main. Made 400 tq and 370 hp. With PORTED HEADS AND A GOOD ROLLER CAM. Had like cruze headers and all this unnecessary stuff on it. 10 second car running 15’s.
Where did you watch them? My carrier only offers 1 on demand episode.

Where did you watch them? My carrier only offers 1 on demand episode.
I subscribed to HotRod Garage. Have watched all episodes beginning back in 2016 when it was Finnegan and Fryburger(sp?) doing the Jaguar on Episode 1. I'm up to Season 7 / Episode 81 circa 2019. There's 10 episodes available. Tony and Lucky took over the show a couple seasons ago and I think currently Alex Taylor took over Tony's spot. The episode with Lucky and Alex and the GN were what I saw on Motor Trend TV which prompted me to download the HotRod Garage app. (via Firestick).