TV cable slips off arm in trans at WOT!?!?

YGETV8

I think, therefore I am??
Every time I bury the throttle on my RX7, the trans arm pulls right out of the TV cable. I thought it was just that the adjuster was worn and slipping all the way out so fast that it would cause it to happen. So, I did a small trick that I had done before on worn cables: installed a small screw in the side of the adjuster so the cable could no longer "self-adjust". Was better, but will still occur if I really put the pedal down. I should note that the TV cable housing is broken about two inches above the trans mounting point. It is being held together with a slip-fit heater hose and clamps, and is actually quite ridgid.

Any thoughts? Is it possible I have it too tight and it's reaching the limit of the spring arm in the trans before the cable limit and just pulling right out?

Thanks, Jay

I should note that the TV cable housing is broken about two inches above the trans mounting point. It is being held together with a slip-fit heater hose and clamps, and is actually quite ridgid.

Thanks, Jay

That's the problem. The housing is designed to limit the side travel on the cable. If the housing is broken and out of alignment the cable will fall off the rod.