1983 1987 cutlass tail lights

sdteb

trying to get it like you
I recently installed a hydratech braking hydro boost. Much to my dismay I have a bad whine in the ps pump. Just had a ‘new’ cardone ps sent off for rebuild. I hope this works! It is pretty though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b4385bed5acdf61fcb125ab85b4632d7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have their pump and steering box. I talked to them on the phone before going for the pump and changing my reservoir too. So far seems to be great. Can't wait to get it out on track of I ever get paint and glass back in it lol

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

the whine is usually from air bubbles in the fluid ...Lucas quick fix in a bottle (power steering stop leak) ...usually works ...at least it has for me in couple vehicles. mods to the lines to slow the fluid down is the sure fire fix ...

Have you bled the system(power steering)? Jack the front up and cycle the steering wheel back and forth several times to get the air out. The reservoir may or may not show the bubbles coming in with the return from the system. You also could have a restriction in the return depending on how you plumbed it. Keep the reservoir topped off as you are bleeding it.

I have a Turn One pump and steering box. Also have a new Lee Power Steering res and a cooler.

Hoping the pump works well with the new hydroboost.

Looking to start it up in a few weeks.

One of the members here recommended Sweet Mfg synthetic power steering fluid made by Valvoline.

Have you bled the system(power steering)? Jack the front up and cycle the steering wheel back and forth several times to get the air out. The reservoir may or may not show the bubbles coming in with the return from the system. You also could have a restriction in the return depending on how you plumbed it. Keep the reservoir topped off as you are bleeding it.
This

I have a Turn One pump and steering box. Also have a new Lee Power Steering res and a cooler.

Hoping the pump works well with the new hydroboost.

Looking to start it up in a few weeks.

One of the members here recommended Sweet Mfg synthetic power steering fluid made by Valvoline.

While we are in the subject of pump has anyone overhauled their own? Have an idea where to get a kit or seals or whatever is in there. I bought another pump and didn't really want to drop $200 plus shipping on having it rebuilt. Can't be too awful much in there.

The only way I could get rid of the whine after I installed my Hydroboost over 20 years ago was to go with a larger resevoir designed for hydroboost. 8.25

i have bled them, 4 times :(, sadly.

new an lines we made for it. i can tell you these brakes are AMAZING though, they held at least 10lbs at the line the other night on a shitty track, 1.56 60 ft. pulled the left front, wilwoods up front and drum rear. ill update yall if this takes away the whine, i pray they do.