turbobuick pet peeves

Things that i ALWAYS see that bothers me...

Freshly painted gn's with t-type bumper strips, and crome marker light trim, see it ALL the time

pre 87's with 87 grills, I think 86's are there own rare special car, and should be identified as such.

image.png
This :D

X2 on the front air dams. Plus emblem location. Can't believe what people spend on paint and bodywork, then put the emblems back on in the wrong spots. How hard is it to measure before you remove or do a little research first?

I actually just put my emblems back on last night, trunk one is easy but the fenders, didn't know who to believe on accurate placement. Did make a template when I took them off but can't remember if I put them on 20 years ago or not. Pretty sure my GN had the emblems stripped when I bought it. Will have to look at some old pics of it. Anyway I went with the specs that Kirban had in his book, figured he has had more GN's pass thru his hands than anyone else. Plus I am sure it all depended on who was working the line at GM and what day the car was built. Friday cars probably had them slapped on just about anywhere on the fender! What was messing me up was when I mocked it up with Kirbans measurements it looked like too much space from the bottom of the IC emblem and the rub strip. BUT, looks like my rub strip is a bit lower than others I have seen.

86 and 87s with the front air dam removed, its a amazing touch, why remove it?
I had a hard time getting it on and off the trailer with the dams on, so they are in the trunk.
I guess a magic marker to do the rub strips is too much effort.

Those wheels can be switched back to factories in 30mins or less, so imo thats not a game killer

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

the lift kit that was installed in the suspension to get it in the air to clear the big wheels might be a little more involved... sometimes they just absolutely butcher everything- up to an including the frame- to get them up in the air like that..

the lift kit that was installed in the suspension to get it in the air to clear the big wheels might be a little more involved... sometimes they just absolutely butcher everything- up to an including the frame- to get them up in the air like that..
On some cars thats true. On my old monte carlo ss i ran 255/30/22 and didnt have to do anything. So basically if you get a decent size and the right offset it can be reversed in no time

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Guys who can't figure out how to keep their tires planted on a Slick/ Bad ass DR with 350whp from a 60 roll...

67mm turbos on stock H/C cars running 17PSI, even better with the latest and greatest 70mm+ Plenum and TB...

I actually just put my emblems back on last night, trunk one is easy but the fenders, didn't know who to believe on accurate placement. Did make a template when I took them off but can't remember if I put them on 20 years ago or not. Pretty sure my GN had the emblems stripped when I bought it. Will have to look at some old pics of it. Anyway I went with the specs that Kirban had in his book, figured he has had more GN's pass thru his hands than anyone else. Plus I am sure it all depended on who was working the line at GM and what day the car was built. Friday cars probably had them slapped on just about anywhere on the fender! What was messing me up was when I mocked it up with Kirbans measurements it looked like too much space from the bottom of the IC emblem and the rub strip. BUT, looks like my rub strip is a bit lower than others I have seen.

I believe gnttype.org has measurements and templates I used in the past that seemed pretty legit.

People with 13 second GNs that rip on ls swapped GNs for "making it slower"

Many GN owners in general who think a GN is the baddest thing ever built and can't appreciate anything else.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Many GN owners in general who think a GN is the baddest thing ever built and can't appreciate anything else.

Take that a step further. Taking a GN or any real 86-87 turbo regal and swapping in an LS motor because they can't figure out how to make a V6 run.

I Many GN owners in general who think a GN is the baddest thing ever built and can't appreciate anything else.

That's exactly why I really like cruise in's . I can appreciate stuff that people build and bring. Some badass machines always attend. Yesterday a '68 440 dart GTS was next to me, and on the other side a '69 427 camaro ( stock) , behind me was a '64 nova , tubbed and with a tube chassis with a 678 blower on a 572 BB chev . Gotta love it!