TurboBuick Frame

805gn

Are All Buick 84-87 regular Regal frames the same as your TurboBuick Rides? Shood be right. In need of one

86 and 87 turbo car frames are unique to the turbo Buick in are different from all other G body frames

The rear crossmember on a turbo Buick has a large steel reinforcement welded to it a standard Regal is half the size you could remove this and reweld this to regal frame but if you're restoring a car and wanted to be correct it will not have the correct HS frame codes in any knowledgeable Buick guy will pick it up right away

Also the pre 84 G body frames did not have the extra mounting location on the frame for the overdrive transmission crossmember and they were stamped differently on the rear frame rails with larger jig holes and look totally different from an 86 and 87

"it will not have the correct HS frame codes"

I'm curious as to where is this code located?

20180123_161709.jpg
The HS is on the rear side frame rails and stamped beside the right rear upper control arm

Attachments

• 20180123_161709.jpg
    20180123_161709.jpg
    608.2 KB · Views: 93
  • 20180123_161732.jpg
    20180123_161732.jpg
    577.5 KB · Views: 147
Speaking of that "HS" code… I bought my car brand new and it did not have the "HS" tags on the frame. One thing I noticed though is that I only saw them on t-top cars…but I could be wrong. Maybe someone like Dennis Kirban would know?

Claude.

Speaking of that "HS" code… I bought my car brand new and it did not have the "HS" tags on the frame. One thing I noticed though is that I only saw them on t-top cars…but I could be wrong. Maybe someone like Dennis Kirban would know?

Claude.

Check the actual frame stamp by the right rear upper control arm it should cleanly be stamped HS

I know, curious if it is a early frame

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Yea I'll take a look. Not sure how much frame paint will be on it

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk