turbobuick.com changed my life

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmpower

Just started thinking of when I bought my first GN in 2004.. Had no idea what turbobuick.com was. I always had one hell of a time figuring out what was wrong with my car and was at the mercy of the local mechanics who didnt know squat about turbo buicks, either. The worst part was nobody including myself could locate any of the parts needed to fix and restore my car.. After discovering this site, I aquired a great wealth of knowledge about these cars and am able to locate any part I need.. A part of me wanted to give up on GNs before I found turbobuick.com, but now with the help of this site my hobby has become a very big and consistant part of my life...All I need to do is keep coming up with the time and cash to support this nasty habit:p Thanks to all members and vendors of this board!

The internet has certainly made the hobby of cars much easier. I couldn't imagine doing any of this without the internet. Sorry I'm a youngin haha.

It's been 25 years now and no one has been able to come up with a cure for this syndrome yet. Once it gets in your blood your done for. :D

One nice thing is the car forums have dispelled a lot of the old wifes tales that have been around for years. Stuff that people swore by but had zero data/experience to back the claims up with. I've seen them drop one by one over the years. I attribute some of the gains in performance in the last ten years to the internet alone...

I'd say TB.com changed my life too. I was a lone ranger when it came to cars when I was younger. Most of the kids I hang out with just thought their cars were fast becuase it had a V8 and was loud. I knew better. I started out with a 442, then switched to a few Monte SS's, then jumped into a 13K mile Turbo RX7, then back to a Monte! I always wanted a GN but couldnt afford one of course. Then one day I finally found my first GN on AutoTrader. I drove 13 hours to Northern Michigan to pick it up. Well after getting it back home, I read all of my Turbo 6 related books, Kirban and Poston ads to find info out and buy parts. Then one day at a car show, a guy stopped and looked at the car. He said he has one too and we should hang out sometime. This is (OneFastGN) on the board. After he mentioned TB.com, I was amazed at how much information was out there for these cars. Now all of my best friends are guys I've met on here. Now I get the occasional 11:30pm, "dude, I cant sleep, I got a great idea" phone calls from my fellow TB.com friends! Car guys are good guys!;)

Only problem is, now I'm driving to Chicago every other weekend to hang out, trade parts, etc!!!

I'd say TB.com changed my life too. I was a lone ranger when it came to cars when I was younger. Most of the kids I hang out with just thought their cars were fast becuase it had a V8 and was loud. ..... Now all of my best friends are guys I've met on here.
Yeah I remember those days..there were several of my friends from the hood that were into cars...most aren't anymore. When I bought my GN back 19 years ago, I knew no one that had one...found this site about 8 years later a few years before the great server crash of 2001 and found out all the things I was doing wrong and about the flase claims of KB :) This site could have saved me a ton of money if I had found it sooner :D

Met lots of great people from this board and our local club that could not have survived without the internet probably too!
You'll find that you can post about almost anything in the lounge that you are trying to figure out, not even car related and there's someone on here that will know about it and can help...so tb.com is a great resource for other things as well and a feel like everyone here are extended friends wheather we have ever met in person or not!
Speaking of that...I need to find out about security web cams....need to make a new post :)

DAMN! Thats horrible. I dont even know what to say. Rest in Peace my fellow TB.com brother. :frown:

Wow this is wierd...

RIP!

This even made it feel closer to home...

I hope they find out what happened to him...

31 years young. That's way too soon.

R.I.P.

Mike B.

Status
Not open for further replies.