Racetronics supply line routing

So I guess I need to start saving for a tranny rebuild. I will run it until it goes. What does a typical rebuild run and can some recommend a good transmission guy in the Wisconsin area
Send your trans to dave husek,you dont want a local shop to play with a 200

The stock combo is a roach over 4400rpm. Valve springs will need to be replaced and set. The turbo is the only thing keeping it going at all. Once the turbo is switched the stock intercooler will choke it really bad. Intercooler before down pipe. Stock converter will et better than most other $600 converters on a small turbine like a t31 although it ,might be a little harder to drive it out of the hole. 275/60-15 drag radial for the most potential. For e85 you can probably drop half a second with intercooler,more turbo (something with a 60-1 and 61mm turbine or equivalent and the 9.5 race converter. You wont be getting there without a lot of manifold pressure either. Still on stock down pipe. A downpipe is worth a little and will introduce a potential problem with the swing valve and fitment. Intercooler, converter and turbo=huge gains if you can feed it and the tune is close.

Very clear and to the point. Got his experience the hard way by actually working on this stuff. Anytime I had an oddity during a teardown or came across an unusual part fitment situation more often than not he had experienced the situation as well.

It‘s a shame that guys like him are posting less and less. I talk to a lot of extremely talented people on a regular basis who don’t care to post here anymore because their advice is often met with an unfounded rebuttal.

I think before the crash Brian had around 14,000 post and nothing that I can find in the last year. Plenty of brilliant guys out there that have “clammed up”.....

Last edited:
It‘s a shame that guys like him are posting less and less. I talk to a lot of extremely talented people on a regular basis who don’t care to post here anymore because their advice is often met with an unfounded rebuttal.

I think before the crash Brian had around 14,000 post and nothing that I can find in the last year. Plenty of brilliant guys out there that have “clammed up”.....
to add to this guys that are doing this for a living like brian just dont want to give "it" away.

Actually he was very transparent. Posted tons of pictures, data logs, dyno pulls, cam specs, pics/specs of custom one off pistons (in his personal car) and even screenshots of logs at peak power. Only thing he seem to hide was timing

Actually he was very transparent. Posted tons of pictures, data logs, dyno pulls, cam specs, pics/specs of custom one off pistons (in his personal car) and even screenshots of logs at peak power. Only thing he seem to hide was timing
I'm not speaking of just brian.but there are guys that just dont want their or already had their ideas either challenged disputed or stolen so they don't really post here anymore.lots are on Facebook though.brian posted plenty of info back in the day of what he experienced.i feel the board was different back then where guys could exchange more info without being attacked.

In my experience the super secret stuff usually ends up being something that's not all that unique.