Turbo Tweak tuning

Dave p

I just installed 60lb injectors with a turbo tweak chip on my 87 GN. I have the stock turbo with a 3" downpipe and exhaust. The car seems real slow out of the hole so I took out about 5% fuel in 1st and 2nd gear and added 1 degree of timing. This seemed to help a little. Does anyone have any other suggestions or should I keep removing some fuel and add another degree in timing? Thank for any suggestions.

Have you verified your timing with a timing light ? I've seen ppl that think they are runing 20* but in reality they are only at 16-17 also seen it where they are runing 24-25* thinking it's only at 20. So double check your timing with a timing light .

You also didn't mention if installed fuel pump hot-wire system, and and a Accufab adjustable fuel regulator

being able to monitor the results of tuning your chip is paramount. a powerlogger along with a scanmaster will allow for this, the powerlogger will increase the data rate and log important data such as knock retard, boost, O2, voltage and other important factors. i wouldn't get to carried away with adjustments without it. you basically asked an open ended question with no supporting factors. A stock setup won't have as much leeway as a modded one. list up you're setup, include plugs and gap, type of maf, type of fuel, intercooler, etc. Lean will give you more power but at a risk of knock and knock is deadly to the motor. also try turbo tweaks forum, good info there also.

Sorry for the lack of info, I am new to the turbo motors. I did install a new fuel pump with the hot wire kit. The TT chip blm is set at 128 when I got it. It was real sluggish out of the hole so I added 2 degrees of timing and took out 5.5% of fuel in 1st and 2nd. It is better out of the gate and knock sensor isn't going off. I run 93 octane with some octane boost in it. I am looking to see if anyone has some baseline numbers to program the chip to fix my issue. My maf , intercooler and turbo are all stock. Thanks

Sorry for the lack of info, I am new to the turbo motors. I did install a new fuel pump with the hot wire kit. The TT chip blm is set at 128 when I got it. It was real sluggish out of the hole so I added 2 degrees of timing and took out 5.5% of fuel in 1st and 2nd. It is better out of the gate and knock sensor isn't going off. I run 93 octane with some octane boost in it. I am looking to see if anyone has some baseline numbers to program the chip to fix my issue. My maf , intercooler and turbo are all stock. Thanks
Stock combo with 93 octane on stock boost levels with low timing isnt going much of anywhere.you are just leaning the motor down and taking away the fuel cushion.the stock combos on lower boost levels came with higher timing from the factory but we had better pump fuel back then.in order to really wake the car up you will need octane race gas alky injection e85 whatever fuel you want but you will have to increase the boost and add timing with a healthy Afr while making sure the car doesn't knock.

If the chip is made for your setup, you shouldn't really notice any slower spool than before. It actually should be a little quicker (assuming it had the stock chip in there).

Is it possible the peak boost is not as high as before? What chip was in there previously? Was this new chip made specifically for your setup?

The chip was matched with the injectors. The old chip was the art carr powermax. That chip spooled up fast and broke tires loose at 20 mph. So I assume the boost had been turned up. I guess if I am comparing the chips the art carr seemed quicker but the knock sensor went off under wot.

Art's chip likely had a whack of timing in it. May have been a race chip. Prolly lucky the headgaskets are still intact.