turbo tweak street chip upgrade?

GNbythebay

I bought the 42lbs and chip combo off turbotweak a couple month back and since than I installed the alkycontrol kit and stronger valve springs. my question is do I have to get my street chip reprogrammed for the alkycontrol or will I be fine with what I have now.

You will need to get it reprogrammed due to running more boost and increased octane.
It was $85 to reprogram mine to E85, but there may be a price increase now that we're into the new year.

Actually you will not need it reburned.
You need a new program when changing injectors or turbos or intake air changes quite a bit, such as ported heads, intake etc. even then you can see if you tune to those changes.
Turbo Tweaks description of their 5.7 chip:
Street Chip: for use with pump gas (91-94 octane), and will also work with alcohol injection, but not as aggressive as an alcohol chip. 16-18psi boost in most cases (a little lower with 91oct), WOT fuel will be set up for that boost level, around 18 degrees WOT timing. For the 84/85 hotair cars, typical boost is around 11-14psi. Cars with the 84/85 ECM will NOT have the features of the 86/87 chip.

Actually you will not need it reburned.
You need a new program when changing injectors or turbos or intake air changes quite a bit, such as ported heads, intake etc. even then you can see if you tune to those changes.
Turbo Tweaks description of their 5.7 chip:
Street Chip: for use with pump gas (91-94 octane), and will also work with alcohol injection, but not as aggressive as an alcohol chip. 16-18psi boost in most cases (a little lower with 91oct), WOT fuel will be set up for that boost level, around 18 degrees WOT timing. For the 84/85 hotair cars, typical boost is around 11-14psi. Cars with the 84/85 ECM will NOT have the features of the 86/87 chip.

I figured he'd want it to run to its full potential. Thank you for being more specific.

True, if he's shooting for 30# he'd be better off with the alky chip. The tuning perimeters of the street chip though can add timing in all gears and allow for more boost levels with tuning.
Should we try to convert him to burning corn though???

The alky chip adds acouple degrees of timing . You can add acouple with the chip you have . I would personally just get the SD2 chip and never have to deal with another chip agian . You can change just about everything with the SD2 like injector size , VE table , timing Ect . Plus you ditch the Maf which I have heard is good for another 10-15hp just from that . Just my opinion

The SD2 chip is a speed density chip . So it calculates the fuel based off air temp and pressures. You need a powerlogger to run it though .

The SD2 chip is a speed density chip . So it calculates the fuel based off air temp and pressures. You need a powerlogger to run it though .
Hey All. I know what the SD2 chip is and what it does. My question was about removing the maf in and of itself was worth 10-15 HP?

Hey All. I know what the SD2 chip is and what it does. My question was about removing the maf in and of itself was worth 10-15 HP?
Yes I believe there is a thread on here about it. I believe Arizona GN nick stated that just swapping the chip and removing the Maf he picked up 10+ hp due to the no restrictions in the intake .

Carefull what you read.you would be loosing the kiss method and doing all the tuning yourself.the truth of the matter is many will never even come close to maxing out the ls1 maf and tt chip, its hard to beat for great drivability and ease of use and with supporting mods has supported 9 sec passes.

Carefull what you read.you would be loosing the kiss method and doing all the tuning yourself.the truth of the matter is many will never even come close to maxing out the ls1 maf and tt chip, its hard to beat for great drivability and ease of use and with supporting mods has supported 9 sec passes.
Thanks for the replies. That HP number just grabbed my eye, and was just curious if those 2 screens (stock maf) was that much of a choke point.
Sorry, GN by the Bay, it wasn't my intention to jack your thread! Cheers!

I bought the 42lbs and chip combo off turbotweak a couple month back and since than I installed the alkycontrol kit and stronger valve springs. my question is do I have to get my street chip reprogrammed for the alkycontrol or will I be fine with what I have now.
A little history back in the day many of us used a regular street chip when spraying alky.usually provided enough fuel for 16psi and the rest was on the alky.worked real well depending on how hard you push things.if you want to squeeze it hard the alky chip cut for your combo will make the car run slightly better and transition smoother.

Thanks for the replies. That HP number just grabbed my eye, and was just curious if those 2 screens (stock maf) was that much of a choke point.
Sorry, GN by the Bay, it wasn't my intention to jack your thread! Cheers!
I ran 10s back in the day with a stock maf,some have been even faster.its hard to really say I had only 1screen.im sure if your trying to squeeze the heck out of the combo there is something there.

Eric uses different timing and fuel curves for his alky chip, race and street chips. His alky chip also incorporates 'aggressive mode'. ET and MPH in my sig is with his 5.7 112 race chip...and my build is also in my sig...note the stock junk. I normally run 6.8-7.2 spring to fall each weekend bracket/grudge racing. You don't need 6.1 or SD2 to run well into the 10's...or even crack the 9's.

Some aftermarket stock MAFs have a cone surrounding the film which really hurts the total flow area.

The horse power number is not consistent car to car. If you have a worn out engine moving 200g/sec of air, with a clogged up stock filter tossing the stock MAF won't get you much. If you've got a deep breathing high compression stroker with a free flowing filter and piping, getting rid of a flaky replacement MAF will be night and day.