Turbo Tweak ECU-GN and what to expect

Not unless you plan on not using the wideband

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have Shadow Dash on my Android phone. The ecu-gn comes with wifi standard, Bluetooth optional. Shadow Dash seems to indicate it supports wifi.

Anyone know how to get my Shadow Dash app on my Android to connect to the ecu-gn via wifi?

I've tried all the ways I could see from the phone app but no go. Does it first need to be enabled from the laptop software cabled to the ecu-gn?

I'd rather not drive around with my laptop on the seat just to see cool gauges. Lol. Cheap Tablet might be in the future.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Having wrestled with the wifi and a cheap tablet, don't get a cheap tablet. Get a good one. The cheap tablets are nothing but trouble. They're slow, and that screws everything up and makes them extremely frustrating. Get a fairly recent Samsung.

Some tablets won't stay on the ECUGN's network because there's no internet access, which makes a mess. They keep hopping off and on the network and Shadow Dash can't stay connected.

As for the WiFi, in the shadow dash settings, there's an option for setting the Wifi connectivity. Make sure you have the right IP address and port. Shadow Dash defaults to the wrong numbers. My ECUGN is listening on port 23 on 192.168.4.1

Having wrestled with the wifi and a cheap tablet, don't get a cheap tablet. Get a good one. The cheap tablets are nothing but trouble. They're slow, and that screws everything up and makes them extremely frustrating. Get a fairly recent Samsung.

Some tablets won't stay on the ECUGN's network because there's no internet access, which makes a mess. They keep hopping off and on the network and Shadow Dash can't stay connected.

As for the WiFi, in the shadow dash settings, there's an option for setting the Wifi connectivity. Make sure you have the right IP address and port. Shadow Dash defaults to the wrong numbers. My ECUGN is listening on port 23 on 192.168.4.1
Great. I'll mess with this tomorrow. Thanks!

I think this Shadow Dash app is a little flakey. I can see my scanmaster-g via Bluetooth yet the app will not connect with it. I can see the ecu-gn controller via Wifi yet no matter what I try, it will not connect. Connect attempted, connect failed and so on.

Not a showstopper. I may have to call EFI tech support this week and see what they say.

Connecting it via USB is more reliable.

You just need an adapter like this:
https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-Adapt...o+USB+adapter&qid=1556489544&s=gateway&sr=8-4

Shove it in the charging port on the tablet and connect to the cable going to the ECUGN. Then start Shadow Dash. It'll ask permission to connect via USB and you should be rolling.

A CANBUS connected E-Dash is going to be more reliable than a tablet, though. But they're also $$$.

shadowdash is not set up to talk to the Scanmaster G, since we have Wifi there is no need for bluetooth. We can switch the ecu to bluetooth, thats pretty easy. Shadowdash is pretty solid, but the phones and android do funny things trying to reconnect to the internet, and this can get in the way of the logging connection. (dang phones).

I've just run my first event with a flex fuel sensor added.

It just worked. Beyond enabling the sensor and plugging in the values Eric passed on, I touched nothing. I didn't touch the timing table; I didn't touch the VE table. I just dumped E85 into it and let it figure it out.

It worked just fine:

Nice. My car has been running great with the ecu-gn. I just added my trans temp sensor to it and the "guage" on the software dashboard. Piece of cake.

Last week I set one up using the ECU GN to drive the ignition coil directly. Eliminating the ignition module from the car. Super easy to do and it fired up immediately on the first crank.

I've just run my first event with a flex fuel sensor added.

It just worked. Beyond enabling the sensor and plugging in the values Eric passed on, I touched nothing. I didn't touch the timing table; I didn't touch the VE table. I just dumped E85 into it and let it figure it out.

It worked just fine:

Man love how flat that thing stays! Very Impressive for a GBody!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk