Turbo Tweak ECU-GN and what to expect

If you set the car up so it will launch on the tires once warmed, the traction control should be able to handle taming them when cold. A lot has to do with how well the tires will "regrab", which is tire, suspension, and street dependent. But the TC system is setup to handle launches.

B

Does the TC monitor all the time or like for three seconds after launch ?

20141024_180649.jpg
this is what i did w fast so if i need to see lights etc its visible but not a bright red attractive ecu hanging out. lots of driving and parkin outside

So some more TCS stuff.

I'm running the Bob Bailey TR6. Bob relayed to me that the maximum amount of timing the TR6 can pull is actually about ten degrees. But in my earlier post, you saw the ECM commanding nearly twenty degrees of retard. This is where it's important to know what your hardware can actually do. If the TR6 can only pull 10 degrees, then having the ECM try to pull twenty just gives you a log file that's bullpucky. Bad data is bad.

So, the TCS reactions screen:
1533049389682.png

This is where you tell TCS what to do when the slip% from the other dialog is met. You can see that as slip% exceeds 75, the ECM commands more and more spark retard. What we have to do is make that curve fit what the hardware can do:

1533049473201.png

Boom, now the ECM will only command 10 degrees of retard, and what shows up in your logs will be what's actually happening.

This is the screen you'll be in at the track trying to dial in the TCS so it moves the car properly. Though if Mike DuSold's experience is any indication, the default settings are already pretty good. He's running an MS3Pro, and a few years ago at Beech Bend, having never drag raced before, just turned on the TCS, set the slip to 9% and ran a 10.3 @ 149 on his first try.

https://www.diyautotune.com/news/re...ike-dusold-in-his-ms3pro-powered-1967-camaro/

Any updates on the Co2 boost control configuration?

The boost control strategies are in the manual. You can do a simple closed loop or dome control with CO2. The PID algorithm is explained in the manual also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, so in my case, if I were to buy one of these it sounds like a bunch of stuff on my car can go away.

The LT MAF and translator go away?

My Hallman manual boost controller goes away because I can control boost with closed loop something something and not need CO2?

These are the gauges in my car - boost, fuel pressure (mechanical to electrical converted at rail), oil pressure, coolant temp, transmission temp, 2 1/16" tach and scanmaster-g.

How many of those gauges can go away? Do I want them to go away? Without gauges, then I would need a wifi tablet to show "gauges?"

I'm interested in the fine tuning and the proactive safety features of this unit. Cleaning up the interior of gauges would be a plus but I don't want to fly blind.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ok, so in my case, if I were to buy one of these it sounds like a bunch of stuff on my car can go away.

My Hallman manual boost controller goes away because I can control boost with closed loop something something and not need CO2?

These are the gauges in my car - boost, fuel pressure (mechanical to electrical converted at rail), oil pressure, coolant temp, transmission temp, 2 1/16" tach and scanmaster-g.

How many of those gauges can go away? Do I want them to go away? Without gauges, then I would need a wifi tablet to show "gauges?"

I'm interested in the fine tuning and the proactive safety features of this unit. Cleaning up the interior of gauges would be a plus but I don't want to fly blind.

Let me take a swing at answering these.

MAF and Translator will go away, the ecuGN is (primarily) a speed-density system and calculates its fuel delivery (and other stuff) using manifold pressure as its primary input. You can run it in MAF mode, but you lose all the advantages of speed-density.

You can remove the Hallman if you want, or leave it. The ecu-GN has a very configurable boost control system and can control stock style and external style wastegates (CO2 or not). I would recommend leaving the Hallman until the rest of the features are set up and working to your liking.

You can eliminate most/all of the gauges, but you probably want to keep the Scanmaster G and Boost gauge so you can see them in real-time. The ecu-GN can read and datalog all of the other sensors, and you can view most of them on the Scanmaster G. Installing a tablet is a lot of work but there are phone apps that can connect via wifi if you want to check stuff. There are tablet type dash setups available and they are really cool. But they are more 'advanced skill level' projects and I would tackle them after the ecu and boost control stuff is setup and tuned.

The ecu-GN has lots of engine-safety features and functions. Fuel, MAP, Boost, Oil, and others are configurable and can save your bacon.... So they should be enabled once the base tune is done. The system is designed to be plug-in compatible with Caspers Fuel/Oil pressure logging harness so setting up the safety features for those is a couple clicks in TunerStudio.

Bob

Great info, I’m excited about my upcoming build!
Does anyone have a .pdf TT ecu manual I can get? My car and parts are up at SteveV’s love shack

Great info, I’m excited about my upcoming build!
Does anyone have a .pdf TT ecu manual I can get? My car and parts are up at SteveV’s love shack
This is one on the TT support forum that you can get to easily from his website.

Let me take a swing at answering these.

MAF and Translator will go away, the ecuGN is (primarily) a speed-density system and calculates its fuel delivery (and other stuff) using manifold pressure as its primary input. You can run it in MAF mode, but you lose all the advantages of speed-density.

You can remove the Hallman if you want, or leave it. The ecu-GN has a very configurable boost control system and can control stock style and external style wastegates (CO2 or not). I would recommend leaving the Hallman until the rest of the features are set up and working to your liking.

You can eliminate most/all of the gauges, but you probably want to keep the Scanmaster G and Boost gauge so you can see them in real-time. The ecu-GN can read and datalog all of the other sensors, and you can view most of them on the Scanmaster G. Installing a tablet is a lot of work but there are phone apps that can connect via wifi if you want to check stuff. There are tablet type dash setups available and they are really cool. But they are more 'advanced skill level' projects and I would tackle them after the ecu and boost control stuff is setup and tuned.

The ecu-GN has lots of engine-safety features and functions. Fuel, MAP, Boost, Oil, and others are configurable and can save your bacon.... So they should be enabled once the base tune is done. The system is designed to be plug-in compatible with Caspers Fuel/Oil pressure logging harness so setting up the safety features for those is a couple clicks in TunerStudio.

Bob
Ok, that is just amazing to hear. Thank you for taking the time to reply. This makes the Spring short list. I'm still torn about the gauges but that's the least of what is on my priority list.