Turbo Tweak ECU-GN and what to expect

MAF is DigitalFreq 1, aux VSS is DigitalFreq3. these have the best frequency range, the other inputs are more limited and I don't know what your tooth count is.

maf input has a 5v pullup in the ECM.

And Eric tree'd me.

B

Ok, I've hooked up one of them to Aux VSS+/Digital Freq IN 3.

In TunerStudio, I set it up in the Speed and Gear Sensors page, with appropriate tire diameter and tooth count.

I copied the MPH gauge to a new gauge and assigned it to More Gauges -> Sensor Inputs2 -> Vehicle Speed Sensor 2

The gauge item is red and I get no reading. Is there a feature in the software to watch that input directly?

Ok, I've hooked up one of them to Aux VSS+/Digital Freq IN 3.

In TunerStudio, I set it up in the Speed and Gear Sensors page, with appropriate tire diameter and tooth count.

I copied the MPH gauge to a new gauge and assigned it to More Gauges -> Sensor Inputs2 -> Vehicle Speed Sensor 2

The gauge item is red and I get no reading. Is there a feature in the software to watch that input directly?

Nevermind, answered my own question, it works! the purple line is me spinning the passenger front tire by hand. Hoo boy!

splicing the MAF will have to wait a few weeks until I get more time. This'll get me by as long as I don't pick the front right tire up off the ground.

Thanks for the help!

1532202262049.png

And to add another point:

The wifi is awesome. Having the laptop next to me at the wheel while I tweaked the sensor position was invaluable. Instead of tripping over a cable or ripping it out of the laptop accidentally or sitting where the cable would reach and having it fall on my head, I sat the laptop on the shop floor next to me and spun the tire.

But I have to ask about security. The wifi adapter creates a totally open access point. Is it possible to secure it?

its only an access point to the ecm, its not a connection to the net and the range is limited. but as far as adding a passcode, I will dig into it.

With my car, it disconnects around 20 feet away.

Yeah, the range is limited, but it would still be a bad day if somebody decided they didn't like me, figured out it existed, and trashed my car from the next stall.

Though if I was every seriously worried, I'd just pop the lid and remove the adapter. But still, being able to passcode it with WEP or WPA would probably not be a bad thing.

Another question, what does the "Anti-Theft" jumper on the board do?

that is an antitheft function that is similar to what we did wiith the SD2 chip.

send me or Eric a PM for details.

its not much more complicated than the other standalones. The datalogs have a lot more info if you need it, or you can turn off that lower pane. The system has a lot of flexibility and additional features that can be enabled (like traction control from a front wheel, etc.) which is what we are discussing here.

Bob

I'm following much of the conversation. I understand this is a new milestone in the Turbo Buick world, but I'm not much of a computer or tuner guy. Thanks.

no problem, I'm happy to explain all the in's and out's. From a tuning standpoint, all the standalones are fairly similar. They all use a speed-density approach. There is a learning curve, but once you get past that the flexibility that a standalone offers is great. Let me know what questions you have, and we can get into the details.

I need to self educate myself more before I can even ask intelligent questions. I will follow along for now. Thanks.

Holy crap! That looks complicated. :eek:

It's just a lot of sensor inputs. LIke Bob said, you can slim the screens down if all that clutter is a problem.

The only hard part about the install is running the wideband cable through the firewall. I wasted a good bit of time trying to fish it through one spot before trying the speedo cable grommet instead.

So, if you learn from my mistake and run the MAP line and the wideband through that hole, you can be open box to first start in less than an hour. The huge value-add here is Eric and Bob. They've been dealing with these cars for so long and can deliver an ECM with a good timing table already loaded and the startup/warmup enrichment and idle already set right. The timing table is really the only part of the tune you can't do well with road testing and the bane of most peoples' MS installs is cold start and idle.

I'm off to the beach for a week, but I have an event in Bowling Green on the 29th. I'll post up logs of runs and impressions after that.

Then, August 3-5 I'm in Birmingham seeing if the new capabilities of this system can push a lowly Buick GN into the OUSCI.

I'm anxious to see some logs from your setup, if your main VSS is the stock speedo input, then an old speedo cable can make that input a bit jumpy (mine is really bad...). There are some VSS sensors that can mount right at the transmission that would improve that immensely.

I'm anxious to see some logs from your setup, if your main VSS is the stock speedo input, then an old speedo cable can make that input a bit jumpy (mine is really bad...). There are some VSS sensors that can mount right at the transmission that would improve that immensely.

it bounces a lot right around 20. I'm going to try lubricating the cable. Barring that I'll have to add a better sensor either at the shaft or a rear wheel.

you can use the fancy driveshaft sensors, or a trans mounted vss sender (higher pulse count..)

let me know how the cable goes, as mine is very jumpy....