Turbo trouble

hotairgnx548

hotairgnx548
I have a hot air Buick. Has less than 500 miles on it. Yesterday started smoking out the tailpipes. In about 8 miles pumped almost a quart of oil out the crankcase. Turbo is a 62/66 with carbon seal never saw more than 10/12 lbs boost but it is 1 year and a month old. What are my chances. Never raced this car because I retired from racing last year. Turbo company said send it back and we will look at it. Like I said what are my chances. John

Sounds like there may be an obstruction in the oil drain. I do some tests before pulling and sending it back.

John, you maybe retired.. but you are a racer. You are a tinkerer also. I think PTE will do right by you and get your turbo right.. By calculations you should be busting off 6.70-6.80s. Keep at it ole friend :)

John, you maybe retired.. but you are a racer. You are a tinkerer also. I think PTE will do right by you and get your turbo right.. By calculations you should be busting off 6.70-6.80s. Keep at it ole friend :)
Chuck thanks for the shout back. PTE called me yesterday and had my turbo ready to be shipped . They did the right thing and I'm expecting the turbo next week. John