turbo rick

lee humphrey

L HUMP
Had problems with my car had a few people come by and help with my car with no luck.Got a hold of rick got her running and i thank him a few times great guy if you need a guy that know his sh-t it's rick thanks again brother of another mother. lol

Yes.. He does my tuning work as well and is a super nice guy.. Willing to help no matter what problem you have! Can't thank him enough for the stuff he does!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Rick is A plus for neat a clean got my old car with a 109 block over 560 to the wheels

Rick... Haven't forgot about you.. I'm gonna order the tinman next week .. Getting cold out... Are ya gonna shut down for the winter??

Jason,

We don't necessarily need the cold air kit to do the maf and translator. That can be added at anytime. With the colder weather it's overkill anyway.

I work through the winter. Have a nice heater in the garage. ;)

Rick

Ah OK.. I figured we d do the whole package.. That way you can do an accurate tune etc..

So potential thread hijacking question here. What is the etiquette in terms of compensation when another member helps you out? I mean I don't need to know like what you paid Rick for this. But like is there an accepted understanding that cash will be exchanged for any assistance provided? Lunch? Beers? Favors to be named later?

Obviously depending on the job, I assume some talk would occur beforehand if he was gonna pull your motor out and overhaul everything. But even if a price is agreed upon do you tip on top of that?

Seems silly, but outside me asking my friends for a push or a jump, I don't have any experience in getting this specialized of expertise without paying regular shop rates.

Thanks for any insight!

It's strictly between you and who ever is helping you out. Allot of people will work for beer and a meal. :p

Rick

jason a give rick a call I did this to says thanks not for you to post a bunch of bla bla bla say something nice keep it moving

Lee... I never have bad things to say about rick.. I was busting stones. But I guess you wouldnt know.. I ALWAYS PAY CASH.

I will totally be in contact with him come spring time when I decide to get my car up and running and tuned right. It has been too long just sitting there and not being enjoyed. Hopefully I can get it sorted out then. I have heard nothing but good things!

RIP...Rick is THE guy.. Trust me... He does things right... The first time.

Sent from my XT1080 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

So potential thread hijacking question here. What is the etiquette in terms of compensation when another member helps you out? I mean I don't need to know like what you paid Rick for this. But like is there an accepted understanding that cash will be exchanged for any assistance provided? Lunch? Beers? Favors to be named later?

Obviously depending on the job, I assume some talk would occur beforehand if he was gonna pull your motor out and overhaul everything. But even if a price is agreed upon do you tip on top of that?

Seems silly, but outside me asking my friends for a push or a jump, I don't have any experience in getting this specialized of expertise without paying regular shop rates.

Thanks for any insight!

This can alaways be a little awkward! I always try to ask "do I owe you anything". I know I still owe Rick some Portillos!

You guy's are talking about Rick, just talked to him the other day, hopefully he's gonna help me get my car sorted out! Who know I might even get it running before the snow fly's!

He's da man! Helped me find a bad cam sensor on my car this summer. It was intermittent and was driving me nuts. He had a brand new one on the shelf. Talk about a Buick guy. Thanks, Rick!

New MAF and translator installed by TURBORICK! One more piece done! Running good now. Custom made MAF cover and intake flow plate to tie it altogether! Thank you Rick!

Attachments

• 1383421729681.jpg
    1383421729681.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 195
  • 1383421752898.jpg
    1383421752898.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 200
  • 1383421771819.jpg
    1383421771819.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 205