Turbo Regal Reign comming to an end?

Jerryl

Tall Unvaccinated Chinese Guy
Over many years, the turbo buick was feared on the strip and street, and it still is to some extend.

While still very respected by many, new technology makes stupid HP with very little these days. I realize it takes a lot more than HP to win races, and while the Buick has been an underdog for years, it feels like bringing a knife to a gun fight as of late.

Has the Buick Reign come to an end?

It is definitely closer to the end, just as little as 10 years ago we still ruled the roost now not so much, im talking about most of the community with the moderate fast TR's the 11s and slower when nothing could touch them back then on the streets,now with all the new stuff coming out of the showrooms are at least that fast in stock form.. its a new world ..smh

who cares about all that new store bought stuff , I prefer built not bought , and these cars will never die, all the people at the shows aren't crowding around those hellcats, zL1 cameros or zo6's talking about them and asking all kinds of questions whether they are humorous or idiotic they still want to know about one of the greatest muscle cars of all time.
the reign of the TR is coming to an end but the heart and soul of these cars will remain on top

For me, and in my mind;
A good point of reference is the Tesla in Ludacris mode. It will beat up a lot of cars, especially in the 1/8 mile.
Not real fast (MPH wise) but nevertheless kills many BB V8's. (No, I a not looking to buy one, LOL)

I don't think it has come to an end, just maybe from a millennial standpoint because Buick simply won't build a decent performer anymore (coupe). The 90's Skyline is just as popular as it once was, if not even more so, mainly because the GTR is still being built and is constantly in demand. If someone welded an AWD frame to a base Regal, painted it GN Black, adapted the GN drivetrain, raced it on 1320Video, the GN would make a huge comeback. It's always about demand. This guy and his AWD Cutlass underlined it, everyone suddenly wants one now...

- Rob

I would say "No"-but for different reasons. Anyone can go spend 40-90k and get a modern tech vehicle that will smoke a TR. But who can spend 10k (uh maybe more, I don't keep count) hit the streets and smoke 90 percent of whats out there light to light? Those who know cars know what the TR is; most if not all street races end with a thumbs up and a head nod. That's what the Hell Cats, Blue Ovals and Bowties don't have going.
Respect.

Hell know its alive and well. ever since my new motor I been spanking vettes german junk hellcats rice rockets you name it I've spanked it
I'm carrying the torch for the turbo Buick community so are a bunch of other members just like me
I've had about 17 races and haven't lost yet .and when I do lose I'll just make it faster.
Am I the fastest car on the street?
I would have to say no I'm not because I know quite of few cars
Turbo buick/Ls swaps big turbo cars that would absolutely crush me
But the new factory stuff not a chance

For me, and in my mind;
A good point of reference is the Tesla in Ludacris mode. It will beat up a lot of cars, especially in the 1/8 mile.
Not real fast (MPH wise) but nevertheless kills many BB V8's. (No, I a not looking to buy one, LOL)
Different animal. Kind of like comparing a motorcycle to a car.

Sure the new stuff is faster stock for stock and even some modded cars. Hell it's 33 years later. The TRs had a 10+ year span where they mopped up on a regular basis on most new rides.They still will give you all you want in most stoplight to stoplight battles. People still dig TRs though. Mine still gets attention. I'm just not a fan of this new stuff. To each his own.

Lots of people still respect the TRs the biggest issue is that looking at one going down the road you generally can't tell if you are looking at a 9 or 14 second car. I have had some action and the look of disbelief is awesome. I guess since my car "is so quiet it can't be fast".

I don't know, when you drive a GN that goes high 10's and low 11's, it's just soooo much more fun to drive than today's moderate cars of today. My Turbo Buick get's more attention than new cars at car shows. The last car show that I attended that had free dyno runs, I got even more attention when the Mustangs, and Corvette's, and Dodge Hemi's were trying to, but could not beat me in Wheel HP or Torque LOL

For $25-30k invested in a solid car you can have a serious street contender if you have some smarts and some practice. I just completed one that will run low 10’s on the street without a lot of effort. You still will not typically be able to run with turbocharged v8 engines where the owner had some smarts and wasn’t a cheapskate. Cars that can run real low 10 sec passes or better on the street are still not common. Really nothing stock that comes off a showroom floor will run close to anything that’s been modified with aftermarket stuff. Plenty of high 10 sec hellcats out there on the drag strip. High 10 on the drag strip vs low 10 sec on the street is not even a comparison. You will lose and lose big if on the street

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is such a bullshit thread.i run every kind of car out there with either a ls or lsx,big blocks,small blocks v8s on spray and or with single and twin turbos,+imports that weight a 1000lbs less than me on e85 with awd etc and I'm on a 109 and give them all taillights.we run wrung watcha brung and hope you brought enough on the street.now in not going to tell ya how to do it but if you want to come to ny I will show you.

This is such a bullshit thread.i run every kind of car out there with either a ls or lsx,big blocks,small blocks v8s on spray and or with single and twin turbos,+imports that weight a 1000lbs less than me on e85 with awd etc and I'm on a 109 and give them all taillights.we run wrung watcha brung and hope you brought enough on the street.now in not going to tell ya how to do it but if you want to come to ny I will show you.

Why don’t you bring it to CT? I’ll get you a handful of races during the week. $1000 and up per car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why don’t you bring it to CT? I’ll
Not that it's out of the question by any means ;)i didntI didn't here of any real action on conn.things are pretty healthy here in the big apple.there is a strong scene here.

I’ll get you a handful of races during the week. $1000 and up per car.
I will contact you privately if the scene is strong there you have my mouth watering.i am lined up for this weekend though but this is right up my alley