Turbo Regal Reign comming to an end?

I don’t think the cars have gotten faster. People were running 10s in the 90s with stock computer, junk turbos and old converter tech , why aren’t guys going much faster if any at all now?

Lots of guys have the cool guy parts that "should run nines" in their sigs. I call em the "woulda, shoulda coulda's". :p

the computers cant save them on the street,i have seen guys make faster passes on the street when they turn off the traction control on the newer cars.in the world im in we all love going from the dig thats the true art and where a good driver will shine.

X2... Drivers and good tuners ! Not just for the engine. The whole car. You can have the 1000hp cars that can't get outta their own way. Good for smoke shows at the car shows. :cool:

Oh. Now I get it.

So this is the reason for the Ghetto Ricer Fly-By!

Haha, that is true. This is why we look at them as if the race were over as they are flyingby, but for them it has only just begun so they look back with that look of "why are they letting off" lol. Seriously though, I was in a buddy's Skyline not too long ago, and that thing just flat out pulled. Felt freaking incredible. Domestic car's are emulating them today, but the reality is we should have been doing this from day one because they already had the technology. A great example is the Atlas I6 4200 from Vortec made in the mid 2000's. That engine flat out got the job done, and once boosted, easily rivaled the 2JZ. That's saying a lot. But alas, the hillbilly mentality fought it and the LSX was the go to engine. More pushrod silliness. A two door Regal with the current twin turbo 24 valve 3.0/3.6 is needed. End of story. Only my opinion, of course....

Sorry for the rant. :)

- Rob

Look at this thing, it's GM... :)

Last edited:
Haha, that is true. This is why we look at them as if the race were over as they are flyingby, but for them it has only just begun so they look back with that look of "why are they letting off" lol. Seriously though, I was in a buddy's Skyline not too long ago, and that thing just flat out pulled. Felt freaking incredible. Domestic car's are emulating them today, but the reality is we should have been doing this from day one because they already had the technology. A great example is the Atlas I6 4200 from Vortec made in the mid 2000's. That engine flat out got the job done, and once boosted, easily rivaled the 2JZ. That's saying a lot. But alas, the hillbilly mentality fought it and the LSX was the go to engine. More pushrod silliness. A two door Regal with the current twin turbo 24 valve 3.0/3.6 is needed. End of story. Only my opinion, of course....

Sorry for the rant. :)

- Rob

Look at this thing, it's GM... :)

ok so,to each is own with what they like,but you would be surprised how fast a old school pushrod motor with high lift cams and great heads,upped compression can go.i know chevy small blocks with dart blocks that rev to 9500 with a cast turbo and run low 7s on heavy cars.pushrod cars are some of the fastest stuff out there.the truth of it in the ead is how you want to make your 1000hp i have seen just about everything out there produce horsepower.as far as 2jz to me they are only roll cars and dont have the chassis setup to make that power stick and i have had not so close encounters with them on the streets up to 1400rwhp:)all these things we are speaking of actually is very interesting when people actually race the cars in a wrung what you brung environment.the driver and how the car is setup,and im talking tuning the chassis as well as the engine is key to how a car and if it goes A to B.

Guys, I linked the wrong damn video. I meant to post this one from Sloppy Mechanics. Same car, same engine, but he really gets into it though w/the tuning. Definitely a good watch. Took a decade for these engines to get their recognition. Now someone just needs to shoehorn one into a GN... :)

- Rob

Last edited: