Turbo rebuild feasibility and cost

HalfDozIN

I've been searching for some thoughts on this and not much is coming up. I have a cpt61bb (turbonetics tag on compressor housing says 11356-bb), and overall I'm happy with it. Only thing is there is a small amount of play in the shaft, and I am getting some oil into the exhaust side. It's minimal right now, but that's not permanent I'm sure. Is it feasible to have this one rebuilt? On average, what does it cost for a ball bearing turbo like this? I never have found a whole lot of information on it, although it is more than adequate for what I'm doing. I don't need the absolute latest, most cutting edge turbo, This car will most likely never see the low side of 11.0 anyways, at least not for a few years. If it isn't reasonable to get this one rebuilt it can be replaced, but that seems like a waste from my limited knowledge perspective.
thanks all!

I've been searching for some thoughts on this and not much is coming up. I have a cpt61bb (turbonetics tag on compressor housing says 11356-bb), and overall I'm happy with it. Only thing is there is a small amount of play in the shaft, and I am getting some oil into the exhaust side. It's minimal right now, but that's not permanent I'm sure. Is it feasible to have this one rebuilt? On average, what does it cost for a ball bearing turbo like this? I never have found a whole lot of information on it, although it is more than adequate for what I'm doing. I don't need the absolute latest, most cutting edge turbo, This car will most likely never see the low side of 11.0 anyways, at least not for a few years. If it isn't reasonable to get this one rebuilt it can be replaced, but that seems like a waste from my limited knowledge perspective.
thanks all!
Get yourself a real turbo
That's not a thousand years old!.
Old parts old teck.

Get yourself a real turbo
That's not a thousand years old!.
Old parts old teck.
This car already has enough kool guy parts on it to get me tarred and feathered, I don't need to make it any worse! I didn't put them on it was how I got it I SWEAR.
Brian ( Bison) 203-640-2126
He seems to be thee guy to call, and most likely I will. Just wondered if there were any experiences/notes from board members before bothering someone running a business.

On average, what does it cost for a ball bearing turbo like this?
Usually around 500 depending on what wrong with it.
And with tnetics bb it needs to be vsr balanced so they need that machine to rebuild the turbo.
I have used boostlab in the past because they can do that.