Turbo oil Feed ?

Charles Young

C Young
Planning to make a flexible feed line and have been reading a number of posts but don't find a direct answer to a couple questions I have:
1-does a journal bearing TE 44 or any other similar journal bearing turbo have or need any sort of oil restrictor somewhere? If so, where is it?
2-is there anything particularly important about the 90° brass fitting at the feed inlet or can you simply eliminate that and plumb directly to the Turbo?
I expect this has been answered before but can't seem to find it so thanks for your input!
Charles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No restrictor, and the factory style feed lines used the fitting to make the hard line line up properly.

A braided teflon line as long as it goes into the turbo and flows (not kinked) wouldn't need the fitting.

A hard brass 90 degree factory type fitting works better than the soft brass hardware store ones so I find that particularly important... if used.

I bought this pretty slick piece from GN1 Performance, it has a 90* turn in the tube and an adaptor so that it fits easily on the brass fitting. It also has a re-useable 60 micron filter in it.

I like it a lot and it was around $169 if I remember right.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    680.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    433.7 KB · Views: 35
I bought this pretty slick piece from GN1 Performance, it has a 90* turn in the tube and an adaptor so that it fits easily on the brass fitting. It also has a re-useable 60 micron filter in it.

I like it a lot and it was around $169 if I remember right.
I have seen that one and it does look nice! I was planning on having one made locally but may still go through one of the vendors. I see Gbody parts has one too.
Thanks.

Just make sure the line has it's own filter. It does not take much for any kind of dirt to cause problems for the turbo.