Turbo Oil Drain Line - Aftermarket Replacement Options

BroadcastENG

Hello Braintrust!

I have received my second (different supplier) aftermarket turbo drain line for my '85 T-Type and once again, the bends and length to not match up with the original. At this point I'm planning on reusing the original but wanted your take on which route to go with when talking about an aftermarket solution.

Hello Braintrust!

I have received my second (different supplier) aftermarket turbo supply line for my '85 T-Type and once again, the bends and length to not match up with the original. At this point I'm planning on reusing the original but wanted your take on which route to go with when talking about an aftermarket solution.

I've heard guys cutting a hole in the turbo bracket to make installation easier.

Hello Braintrust!

I have received my second (different supplier) aftermarket turbo drain line for my '85 T-Type and once again, the bends and length to not match up with the original. At this point I'm planning on reusing the original but wanted your take on which route to go with when talking about an aftermarket solution.
I was having the same issue,

I ordered an aftermarket oil drain line from Gbody and received the wrong one, they said they were out of stock so they sent me the incorrect one to fulfill and complete my order. I had ordered the metal braided one for an 86-87 and was going to grind off the flared end and pop the nut off and put that end into the grommet as it was to be longer than the original. I also thought about cutting the turbo shield for easy access but instead I just bought a repro oil filler grommet from gbody and reused my original oil filler tube. I put a little bit of some silicone spray and pushed the oil filler tube all the way through until it bottomed out on the first set of ribbed metal on the tube. Let me tell the grommet and the tube are so tight that I was having troubles twisting the tube in the grommet. Than I slowly lined up my complete.turbo assembly and lined up the neck.of the oil filler tube until I was sure that the holesfor the bolts were lined up to the desired area of the turbo oil end I first put a new gasket on one side with rtv and let it dry while I clamped it with some force and than the next day with the help of my son I put rtv on the other side of the gasket and slowly used all my 10mm adjustable wrench and sockets i had and slow and steady tightened down the bolts until they were elbow tight (torqued).

The one thing I suggest is with the vaccum lines and the small coolant lines that run under the turbo/throttle assembly into there proper locations before you start lining everything up, bit tedious doing it after the fact.

I know Parts Place has the longer 86-87 oil return lines/hose in stock, it would just need the nut taken off with as minimal.grinfing of the flare.

The best thing would be to tap the oil filler hole and just screw the 1/2" NPT fitting with some teflon paste.

Goodluck