Turbo Lou built it

Wgrainy

Turbo lou absolutley crushed my expectations with my 87.

To all my San Diego family, dont waste tour time in sd. Slide up the freeway a tad and leave it with Lou.

Long story short, i wanted 400hp. Nobody in san diego had the experience to get it done properly.

Lou put a full exhaust, slic,turbo,alky,gauges,injectors/chip on the car in about 2 days. Quickest quality work ive had dealing with mechanics. And on top of that, i dropped off a horrible foundation of a car for him to work on. We found out my gn had burnt valves, a cracked header, and a cracked head. Lou called me and told me my options. Fixing my heads and problems vs cost etc. He had a refreshed motor in his shop we decided to run instead. Lou yanked the whole motor and had a motor installed before i could hang up the phone. I was burning rubber down the 5 back to SD in no time.

Very fast work, very quality work.

Yep!
He was afraid some other pervert would "moov in", on his girlfriends, while he was working on your car....:p

I can't say enough good stuff about Lou. He's done me a lot of square deals and I'm certain will do more.

I've know that grouchy ol' fart for going on 30 years. He was the go to guy in So Cal back in the day and still is. :D

Neal

That’s why they call Lou the west coast Jedi . Just like they call Richard the east coast Jedi. I got a THDP from Lou a brand new one made in 1995. Wanted Richard to look at to make sure it was the real deal. Richard said if it came from a Lou he didn’t have to look at.

On a side note; The East and West Coast gurus finally got to meet each other at this year's TB .com Nats.
I was there to see it happen. They bonded over a Turbo Buick of course. :love:
GOPR0149.JPG

Great story, thanks for sharing. We don't get enough of these now a days....

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
TOTALLY AGREE WITH THIS!!!

Members of this forum are fortunate to have some of the best people (in general) associated with it! So, it’s a wonderful thing, seeing / hearing positive feedback!

Turbo Lou is a Legend beyond compare!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makes me want to send my car to him with reliability like that!! Thanks for sharing. Does the tranny last just as long as the motor? Who did the tranny work?

Old Len Freeman trans here. Been beating on it for a decade and can't seem to kill it.

IMHO, it all comes down to this. The least expensive way to do something is to do it once.

* Good parts
* Correct combo of parts
* Safe tune

Last edited:
what do you expect from an OLD fart?

he has to get things done quickly, as he forgets what he is doing!

Too funny, that scene from Seinfeld immediately came to mind... :)

On a side note; The East and West Coast gurus finally got to meet each other at this year's TB .com Nats.

I was there to see it happen. They bonded over a Turbo Buick of course. :love:View attachment 327197

That is awesome!

I was there to see it happen. They bonded over a Turbo Buick of course. :love:View attachment 327197
And not just any turbo Buick, but my turbo Buick! Lou built the stroker engine and Richard built the trans and rear end to handle the abuse! I don't know why these 2 guru's like me, but I'm SO glad they do. Cheers!

And not just any turbo Buick, but my turbo Buick! Lou built the stroker engine and Richard built the trans and rear end to handle the abuse! I don't know why these 2 guru's like me, but I'm SO glad they do. Cheers!

Nobody likes you, Troy, you old fart! :);):)

We just tolerate your gypsy vagabond ass......:p:cool::p:eek::eek::eek: