Turbo Heat Blanket/Shield

GNDriven

When I look at peoples pics I rarely see a heat shield. Even on the GT40 type exhaust housing, I hardly see a heat shield being used.

I am thinking of getting a heat shield/blanket for my 76-4bolt turbo, but don't want to spend the 100 bucks or so if there is a caveat or something I'm unaware of.

Thanks,

Most people don't run them on factory 3-bolt turbos, because the factory heat shield works just fine. But using one on a T4 style turbo would also work just fine. No issues.

You very rarely will you see heat blankets on a Turbo Buick though.
Just make sure you get one that will fit your specific style turbine housing, as there are differences out there. Companies like Sound Performance, Boost Logic and Titan Motorsports typically stock the various T4 heat blankets.
HTH

Patrick

hello; In the past I got some of that material they use for heat in a JC Whitney catalog. I said this before so I'm repeating my self. But besides the thinner stuff (meaning not as wide) it came with some large pcs. I took my shield off and cut a fitted pc. Placed it on the turbo and weaved in some safety wire to hold it then put the shield back on. I like the idea of a blanket but is there a vendor that has a custom fit pc. for a stock turbo on a TB?
IBBY

Thanks Patrick,

I am going to get one, it will hopefully keep the hottest part of the turbo from radiating so much heat.

Why do you think the people whom have t4s don't use them?

hello; As far as heat goes I want to get that cross over exhaust pipe that's under the engine treated with Jet Hot or something. It's got to help with heat. Maybe you might try it. I know a few people here have done it.
IBBY