Turbo failure

JohnE87

Turbonetics cheetah stage one failed on me today. I was making a test hit after installing my alky kit. What I am wanting to know is what parts other than just the turbo need to be carefully inspected such as the intercooler. And what should be my next turbo up grade.

Attachments

• 20190727_203231.jpg
    20190727_203231.jpg
    445.6 KB · Views: 124
So I take it the water line is leaking in it? I would remove the water line and run it . All my turbo I’ve never ran water through them and they all have been happy. I love my comp turbo. I’m running a CT43 6871 triple ball bearing . It’s a great turbo. U should check out something like a CT43 6262 .

Bits and pieces in the intercooler. Also possibly the IAC. Anything that makes it past this far, has already been through the intake and heads.

But don't panic. Most times most will get stuck in the IC on the way to the intake. You may be able to shake everything out of the low section of your passenger side IC tank. Do a good cleaning with lacquer thinner and do a reverse blow out the IC with a leave blower.

Bits and pieces in the intercooler. Also possibly the IAC. Anything that makes it past this far, has already been through the intake and heads.

But don't panic. Most times most will get stuck in the IC on the way to the intake. You may be able to shake everything out of the low section of your passenger side IC tank. Do a good cleaning with lacquer thinner and do a reverse blow out the IC with a leave blower.
Okay thankyou any recommendations on a new turbo

So I take it the water line is leaking in it? I would remove the water line and run it . All my turbo I’ve never ran water through them and they all have been happy. I love my comp turbo. I’m running a CT43 6871 triple ball bearing . It’s a great turbo. U should check out something like a CT43 6262 .
No water lines hooked up on this turbo just oil of course.

I have never broken a turbo but think the missing parts would be in the cooler. And anything that got past it would be small enough the engine could digest. Pull the cooler and plugs and look around those parts.

New turbo could mean new combo if not careful. First it’s a turbo then a chip next injectors ,whoops converter is to tight . If your ready to go down that rabbit hole know is your chance.

What I am wanting to know is what parts other than just the turbo need to be carefully inspected such as the intercooler.
i have broken several turbos,check the maf piping and the maf itself as i have seen comp wheel peices head in that direction,also as mentioned the intercooler clean then pressure test the incooler itself make sure there is no damage.