Turbo Drain Line Options

jamnut

My car came with a really crappy bubble gummed together turbo setup with a 4 bolt to 3 bolt adapter turbo & all kinds of other stuff. It doesn't have the stock style turbo drain line.

I went ahead & made a drain line setup it was setup with all -10 fittings & braided line, my turbo drain fitting is a billet block that a 1/2" NPT to -10 screw's into. My problem is that my drain line isn't a straight shot from the bottom of the turbo to the fitting on the block, to prevent the big thick -10 line from kinking I had to make a big loop with it from the bottom of the turbo to the fitting on the block. So when the oil drains from the bottom of the turbo it has to drain down then back up into the block. Picture a grease trap under a kitchen sink as an example as to how my turbo drain line works. Does anyone here think that this setup can cause enough oil backpressure to mess up the turbo seal, or do you think this is a good enough oil drain setup for a Turbo T?

What else can I do for a turbo drain on my car.

Hopefully this isn't too confusing, if it is, I'll try to explain it again.

Also where can I get a new oil feed line for my turbo? Do these turbo savers come with all of the fittings that I need to go from the oil supply on the block to the turbo? Are they fully complete?

As far as the drain line goes, GBodyParts has them. I have one on mine. Comes with a gasket that doesnt leak and is the perfect length. Bolt it on the bottom of turbo housing and screw it in the block and done. HTH

I got my drain tube from JohnsPerformance, and seems to fit perfect. I have no clue how anyone is able to install the thing without removing the turbo. Mine was already off since I was swapping out the passenger manifold. It's a real pain to get the threads started in the block. I would think the looping drain would create enough backpressure where it would at least cause smoking on start up (old thread about remote mount turbos where the scavenge pump didn't run after ignition shut off)