turbo drain hose from g body parts

DCG

Anyone use the rubber hose turbo drain kit from g body parts? Im thinking about getting it, but was wondering what peoples opinions were. Or should i just stay with the stock turbo drain?

I bought one because my stock one was leaking. Turns out my stock drain was only loose. The kit looks fine and instructions good. Saved the body as a spare. The only concern I have is how the rubber hose will hold up under all the heat over time.

In 2010 I ordered a 6776BB from Brian and he included that return line so I used it. Didn't have any issues with it...just recall it was a little bit of a PITA to install but the stock one can be a little challenging to mate up too.

Didn't have any issues with it...just recall it was a little bit of a PITA to install but the stock one can be a little challenging to mate up too.
I have found it easier to install by putting studs on the turbo side then you don't have to fish around upside down to find the tapped hole for the bolt .

because the oil draining from the turbo is frothy and aerated, drain line diameter is very important. too small a diameter line aerated oil won't drain quickly enough. wrong pitch of drain line, oil won't drain correctly.

that kit from Gilbert's gbody just looks cheap. multiple pieces threaded together to make a fitting when there are billet aluminum adapters readily available as one piece units. no where are there any specs for that rubber hose.

IMO, the $ would be better spent towards EITHER the reproduction of the OE drain line available from many vendors like Classic Industries, Kirbans, OPGI, etc. links below.

OR the braided hose + fitting assembly from either Mark H. or @BobbyBuick. links below

choice depending how the rest of your engine compartment is fitted...bone stock or modified...

OE turbo oil drain line links =>

braided AN hose + fittings assembly =>

from Mark => TURBO DRAIN KIT

from BobbyBuick => Turbo oil drain line

A while back I was in need of a replacement drain line. I bought the one from G body parts and although it fits and works the I.D. appears to be too small which restricts oil drain back from the turbo. I was having problems with smoke on deceleration after a hard pull and tracked it back to oil leakage past the shaft seals of the turbo. I went back to the OEM design drain line which I got from Classic Industries. I think it's the same one Kirban sells also.

Neal

because the oil draining from the turbo is frothy and aerated, drain line diameter is very important. too small a diameter line aerated oil won't drain quickly enough. wrong pitch of drain line, oil won't drain correctly.

that kit from Gilbert's gbody just looks cheap. multiple pieces threaded together to make a fitting when there are billet aluminum adapters readily available as one piece units. no where are there any specs for that rubber hose.

IMO, the $ would be better spent towards EITHER the reproduction of the OE drain line available from many vendors like Classic Industries, Kirbans, OPGI, etc. links below.

OR the braided hose + fitting assembly from either Mark H. or @BobbyBuick. links below

choice depending how the rest of your engine compartment is fitted...bone stock or modified...

OE turbo oil drain line links =>

braided AN hose + fittings assembly =>

from Mark => TURBO DRAIN KIT

from BobbyBuick => Turbo oil drain line
^^^ this!!!

My backup came from Cotton's. Looks to be the same as the Classic Industries one. I had to get the gasket from Classic.

I have a couple other style ones sitting on the shelf I'll likely never use.