Turbo drain fitting question, will this work?

BlackLC2burd

Has anyone ever use a 3/4 inverted flare female to 1/2 npt male brass 90* for the block fitting on the drain line? Im wondering if there are any downsides as far as flow is concerned. Thanks guys.

Idk why you would need that but as long as you have a continual downward angle toward the front of the block you should be ok

I guess its my lazy tendencies coming out.. lol. Im trying not to pull the timing cover off to install the drain tube as i damaged one trying to install it with the cover in place. The fitting i had in mind has a sharp bend and I feel its going to be restrictive. http://www.discounthydraulichose.co...TF_Male_Pipe_90_Elbow_p/3402.htm?1=1&CartID=0
Let me know what you guys think. Im leaning on forgetting about this fitting and pull the front cover off to install the straigt adaptor.

Thanks again.

What cover? The turbo? You can remove that in about 1 minute with a 13mm socket and ratchet.

I meant the timing cover. Is it necessary to remove it when installing a drain tube? For some reason, the drain tube that i last installed ripped near the end of the tube towards the brass fitting, that was with the timing cover in place. Now if there was a small tear in the steel tube, im not sure.
Is it common for these tubes to rip?

Forgot to state that the turbo is not installed at the moment. I took a closer look and i think i can get away with just removing the water pump in order to get a somewhat straight shot to the brass fitting on the block with the new drain line. I just don't want to break another line as these lines are fragile.

Ok, I feel like a total moron. I got a new drain tube today from boostdeznuts. It turns out that the nut that goes to the fitting on the block spins by itself! I guess in an attempt to stop leaks, the previous owner epoxied the nut that goes to the brass fitting to the steel line making it impossible to remove with out tweaking the line. Thats why I thought the whole drain line had to turn, hence the need to remove the water pump/timing cover or install the 90* fitting to install the line.

hit that epoxy with a torch till it smokes and it will be released.

Well the new drain line is in good condition, works like it should. The "old" broken line that i tore into two during removal had the epoxy. That's why I thought it was necessary to remove the timing cover to install. Ah well, everyday is a learning experience.