Turbo Control Center / ESC project

flyfisherwiz

Starting this thread for sharing of information and progress in reverse engineering and making an aftermarket ESC. Will move/copy some of the data to here.

Peter

What is inside of those magic black boxes?

To re-cap, and put where the pics are relevant here are the pics of the Turbo Control Center / ESC circuit board. This particular unit was from a 1979 LeSabre Turbo Sport Coupe. Let the hacking begin!:cool:

ESCtp.jpg

ESCbt.jpg

did all 78-83 turbo regals come with turbo control center boxes? are they located in the dash or engine bay?

All the turbo cars come with an ESC but the 78-80 don't have computer control. The ESC is an entirely seperate system on the early ones.

I have been in the desert..... kinda been sidetracked on the board devlopment for different system.... but there getting there.

good news though.... TO4 - E - H - S carbon seal covers are in and available.

A.j.

I have been in the desert..... kinda been sidetracked on the board devlopment for different system.... but there getting there.

good news though.... TO4 - E - H - S carbon seal covers are in and available.

A.j.

Welcome back bud.:) Have you posted this in the HA section yet to see about getting some buyers?

Welcome back bud.:) Have you posted this in the HA section yet to see about getting some buyers?

not yet... im kinda holding on to this for us first.... its time for some draw thru improvement before I give the HA guys a chance.

Plus, im kinda waiting to say to much without going thru the proper channels first. id like to get a website built and see about some advertizing. if this all goes as planned. im quitting my job to full time it.

A.j.

havent done much lately... got involved in a fuel enrichment test and it went rather baddly... so back to square one.

A.j.

So far I think you've blown more engines up than IED's in testing Aj.:biggrin: Maybe we just need to put you out in the desert again?:tongue:

So far I think you've blown more engines up than IED's in testing Aj.:biggrin: Maybe we just need to put you out in the desert again?:tongue:

well i have been using just plain ol NA cores with stock 86/87 slugs I bought off the board.

so there not performance based at all really... just enough to test on. and well if they ****... doesnt really kill me.

as long as people keep seeling used 86/87 pistons.... we have test mules!

LOL

A.j.