Turbo Charge your blower motor!

I'm not worried about the additional flow... but you guys that did the swap, did you notice which one made more noise?

Is this a proven mod? Would love to move some more air around the cabin. Since this is an old thread can someone who has done this mod update the results. I am getting mixed feelings from reading the post.

I did the metal O'Reilly's part over the winter. No difference in noise but one hell of a difference in increased flow. I'm very happy with the change.

hello people; Funny I just got my car out and I forgot about how noisy the BM was. I took it out cleaned it a bit ,oiled it and of a couple of days ago it was good. But I did get the metal fan and I did not like that big set screw on the side to keep it in place. I figure the balance would be way off. I still might put it in in the future..
IBBY

Guys—the autozone piece—p/n 35601 is close but not exactly like the nos piece. The digital micrometer shows there is enough difference causing interference inside the hvac case. No matter which way I moved the fan on the shaft it rubbed or would not allow the fan blower operate at all. I am not about to wipe out The blower motor in an experiment. Great idea; but without “adjusting the lip“ on the inside of the case using a dremel tool—reverted back to stock plastic fan wheel. I only had the motor out about 6 x’s and measured it about 12x’s. Just my 2 cents here. Dp

Guys—the autozone piece—p/n 35601 is close but not exactly like the nos piece. The digital micrometer shows there is enough difference causing interference inside the hvac case. No matter which way I moved the fan on the shaft it rubbed or would not allow the fan blower operate at all. I am not about to wipe out The blower motor in an experiment. Great idea; but without “adjusting the lip“ on the inside of the case using a dremel tool—reverted back to stock plastic fan wheel. I only had the motor out about 6 x’s and measured it about 12x’s. Just my 2 cents here. Dp

That’s was my experience as well.... then finally I got it to fit and function. I did take some life off my blower motor module... in the process in the form of smoke [emoji3061]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s was my experience as well.... then finally I got it to fit and function. I did take some life off my blower motor module... in the process in the form of smoke [emoji3061]

My experience as well. The aftermarket ones are the same size on the top and bottom. Original wheel is smaller at the top which allows it to clear the blower screw studs on the bottom of the clower deck. Bagged this idea.

My experience as well. The aftermarket ones are the same size on the top and bottom. Original wheel is smaller at the top which allows it to clear the blower screw studs on the bottom of the clower deck. Bagged this idea.

Now that you mention that.... I do remember seeing that. I think I had to play with where it sat on the shaft maybe.... I can’t remember now.

I dare not ever remove it though. That car will forever have that blower wheel unless the blower dies [emoji23]

Part arrived today. Yes it needs some manipulation to find the sweet spot where there is no contact. It also failed the anemometer test. Approximately 5% less air flow than the stock plastic wheel. Sorry, the plastic wheel went back in. If anyone wants this metal one shoot me a pm.

That's OK, just remember, electricity operates on the principal of smoke.

When the smoke comes out, the electrical device no longer woks. :)

Part arrived today. Yes it needs some manipulation to find the sweet spot where there is no contact. It also failed the anemometer test. Approximately 5% less air flow than the stock plastic wheel. Sorry, the plastic wheel went back in. If anyone wants this metal one shoot me a pm.

And to the Nay-Sayers, My O'Reilly's Part #
Murray Climate Control 5-3/4 Inch Counter-Clockwise Blower Wheel

Works Perfect. Follow the link.

Just HOW much do you guys have invested in your cars as of today? You've never tried a part that "May not have worked as promised?"

I'm thoroughly convinced I didn't just get lucky. Your results may differ, but for $20 with shipping, what have you got to lose but 20 minutes R&I time..... and $20 if you aren't satisfied......... can you afford it? It's $20. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

And to the Nay-Sayers, My O'Reilly's Part #
Murray Climate Control 5-3/4 Inch Counter-Clockwise Blower Wheel

Works Perfect. Follow the link.

Just HOW much do you guys have invested in your cars as of today? You've never tried a part that "May not have worked as promised?"

I'm thoroughly convinced I didn't just get lucky. Your results may differ, but for $20 with shipping, what have you got to lose but 20 minutes R&I time..... and $20 if you aren't satisfied......... can you afford it? It's $20. :rolleyes:

I agree here. I tried the Oreilly part here and it did not fit without cutting up the blower screw lugs. Simply returned it to Oreilly. In my case the stock blower works fine. Well worth my time trying.