Turbo Buick Restoration Pic Sticky Request

Turbo6Smackdown

Here's my request. Can we get someone like Richard Clark, Dennis Kirban, or any other member in possession of, or access to a 100% factory stock original car take good clear close up photos of every inch of their car for restorers? This way we can permanently post this database of photos and have the members just go in there and look around this virtual tour of our cars so that it can cut down on the little questions members like myself constantly have.
I'd pay up to 50 bucks for this effort. You know, like for example I want to see the original texture of the inside trunk coating the way it was for day one. Or the little tag that used to hang on our pitman arms. See what I'm saying?
Could anyone do this?

PhillyTurbo6...aka Jim Chaudrue has a Photo Bucket file of his 86, which is incredible.
Message him.

I can't help but I 100% agree we need something like this.

This is a great idea. As the value of these cars continues to rise, compiling these details to a main database would be a valuable resource. So many of these cars have been modified but I'm sure there are members here with nice original examples that could contribute.
Here's a little detail: I just removed my (87 GN) rear coil springs over the weekend and noticed a label on both. I could be wrong but I don't know of anyone that has reproduced this yet.

Attachments

• IMG_2604.JPG
    IMG_2604.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG_2606.JPG
    IMG_2606.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 94
I agree. We need a benchmark. And thanks for that contribution. I'm collecting all the tags on this car and I hope to submit this to a vendor to have it reproduced.

If you do end up getting all the tags reproduced ..... Count me in on getting a copy. If you would be willing to sell them! :)

Maybe reach out to Barrett-Jackson or Russo-Steele and see if they have a prime example coming up at auction sometime soon. See if they will contact the owner for you.

If the owner will let the car be photographed for posterity, he could use it as a selling point.... "this car is the car used as the benchmark for Turbo Buick restorations blah, blah, blah..."

You know, use it as part if the schpeel when they're talking about the car while it's on the block. It might incent an owner to help you out. I know I would do it.

It's just a thought, but it might work......

Last edited: