Turbo Bracket Stud

mtocrs1

Mtocrs1
I am looking for the stud that found into the cylinder head that holds on the turbo J bracket. The one that the ground wire attaches to.
Anyone have one lying around?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've replaced those bolts with ones from a hardware store. I dont recall there being a stud for that connection

Just looked at a factory engine never installed, and it had a bolt installed in that location. Just an FYI.

Using a stud there might be a good idea? I always struggle to get that bolt in with the ground behind the shield bracket. I'd use grade 8 with no coating on it.

Well you guys are right but it's great having a stud in that location for the main ground. The bottom header studs are about right. I have tons of those laying around. It's been a long time, were did the factory but the ground wire?

378cbc333b8cc0d3bffc987f17c5fa11.jpg

that's a pic of the header lower bolt, shouldn't be there
for one thing that's an SAE 3/8-16 bolt (9/16 head) .....and the hole its in is metric M10x1.5
if you look at the bolt in the upper hole you'll see that its graded 9.8 ..that's a metric bolt (15mm head) and is correct for that spot
the bolt that was in the lower hole from factory had a 13mm head shouldered bolt M10x1.5 and the battery negative cable just goes under the bolt

Last edited: