Turbo Bracket Stud

mtocrs1

Mtocrs1
I am looking for the stud that found into the cylinder head that holds on the turbo J bracket. The one that the ground wire attaches to.
Anyone have one lying around?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TRICKSIXPA

East Coast Go fast with class club MAGNA!!!
Staff member
I've replaced those bolts with ones from a hardware store. I dont recall there being a stud for that connection

baby6

One Fast Buick
Just looked at a factory engine never installed, and it had a bolt installed in that location. Just an FYI.

wb_7354

Using a stud there might be a good idea? I always struggle to get that bolt in with the ground behind the shield bracket. I'd use grade 8 with no coating on it.

mtocrs1

Mtocrs1
Well you guys are right but it's great having a stud in that location for the main ground. The bottom header studs are about right. I have tons of those laying around. It's been a long time, were did the factory but the ground wire?

mtocrs1

Mtocrs1
378cbc333b8cc0d3bffc987f17c5fa11.jpg

pacecarta

LOGGED OUT
Staff member
that's a pic of the header lower bolt, shouldn't be there
for one thing that's an SAE 3/8-16 bolt (9/16 head) .....and the hole its in is metric M10x1.5
if you look at the bolt in the upper hole you'll see that its graded 9.8 ..that's a metric bolt (15mm head) and is correct for that spot
the bolt that was in the lower hole from factory had a 13mm head shouldered bolt M10x1.5 and the battery negative cable just goes under the bolt

Last edited: