Turbo blankets, what to choose.

robertf

There are many threads on "Turbo blankets" but none really answered my question. I run a TA49 and would like a very good quality blanket that will fit. Where can I find a specific blanket for that turbo. Also has an internal wastegate and TH DP if that matters for fitment.

I got a thermal zero blanket from another member on the board, after cruising for 20-30 minutes I can touch the blanket and barely feel any heat, it works great. I also noticed a slight drop in IATs from being blanket-less to having blanket. Whichever one you choose will definitely be an upgrade over not having one for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starting from stratch, would you choose the blanket or the factory shield?

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

I believe most would choose the blanket for results. Thats why I'm going that route.

Starting from stratch, would you choose the blanket or the factory shield?

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

I have run header wrap on my TA49 under the shield as an option if you want to keep the shield.

I got mine from Racetronix

mp2Dfn.jpg

XB0NqB.jpg

What size is required for a 6262 with a .63 Precision exhaust housing. T3 or T4 blanket?

IMG_1843.JPG
I to have a PTP lava blanket on my car and I like it a lot. Also, it not only looks good, but it works. I bought mine directly through PTP.

DEI from Weber racing. I think it was the smallest they offer. This is on a 6766.

Attachments

• F4267F3D-CE08-40E7-A168-EBE74DFA17EE.jpeg
    F4267F3D-CE08-40E7-A168-EBE74DFA17EE.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 188