Turbo blanket

brandnu6

Hello members. I was thinking of getting a "turbo blanket." What brand is proven to work the best at controlling heat? Thanks...

Sure you’ll get various answers between none, blanket, & stock turbo cover.

For me I used a PTP blanket with the springs.

I had this one on my stock size turbo if you're interested or anybody else. Would not fit on my 6766.
Steve c

Attachments

• PXL_20230206_144554572_480x637.jpg
    PXL_20230206_144554572_480x637.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 95
  • PXL_20230206_144613824_480x637.jpg
    PXL_20230206_144613824_480x637.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 73
  • PXL_20230206_144606030_480x637.jpg
    PXL_20230206_144606030_480x637.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 77
Hello members. I was thinking of getting a "turbo blanket." What brand is proven to work the best at controlling heat? Thanks...
The blankets work really well.
I've used several of them from different manufacturers
Cant go wrong.

The blankets work really well.
I've used several of them from different manufacturers
Cant go wrong.
Mr. Spool How are you doing. So, you say you have used several. Is one better at controlling heat more than the others you have used? I'm trying to make the "best" choice before dropping a couple of hundred dollars. Thanks...

The bstflex carbon fiber turbo blanket off Amazon is on the cheaper end and I know it does its job😉
Thank you I am doing well

Keep in mind while they "cure" they stink like hell.. you may be better off spending money on something more useful, like a tank of gas .. lol Anyhow PTP makes some good ones but i can't say one is better than the other.

Keep in mind while they "cure" they stink like hell.. you may be better off spending money on something more useful, like a tank of gas .. lol Anyhow PTP makes some good ones but i can't say one is better than the other.
Thanks man. I am in touch with them now. They said they needed to see pictures, do to after market "RJC" downpipe. Also with "internal wastegate." take care...

I got a PTP turbo blanket...

for my Talon because my coated turbo was still roasting Spal fans about 3" away. No more melting and the under hood heat is down for sure, let alone the hood. OMG is the hood paint flaking off because of the years of heat killing it, even with coated parts. You never think of that until it's too late there.

I coat my GN hot parts and let them be free but I'd be a tad concerned about the paint around the turbo area if not coated so...

Blanket or heat shield, both will get er done.

I got a PTP turbo blanket...

for my Talon because my coated turbo was still roasting Spal fans about 3" away. No more melting and the under hood heat is down for sure, let alone the hood. OMG is the hood paint flaking off because of the years of heat killing it, even with coated parts. You never think of that until it's too late there.

I coat my GN hot parts and let them be free but I'd be a tad concerned about the paint around the turbo area if not coated so...

Blanket or heat shield, both will get er done.
Hello. I just ordered one. The only information he needed was that it had an aftermarket downpipe and not "factory elbow." $200.00 shipped w/ springs, not wire. Cleaner installation! take Care...

I used the PTP myself but I can say it has started to come unstitched where it goes around the down pipe so I’m not sure of the life of them..

I put an Amazon $20 blanket on my Turbocharged Ford Probe, and you can put your hand on the thing after a rip.

I used the PTP myself but I can say it has started to come unstitched where it goes around the down pipe so I’m not sure of the life of them..
It shouldnt unravel at all, i just stick it on like a glove i dont wire it together anymore so i can pull it on and off easy, the hood holds it down snug. lol

I buy these on EBay $25 bucks and come in many different colors.

Attachments

• 6BF50B9B-6815-4CF4-8939-BF3DBE2BC92E.jpeg
    6BF50B9B-6815-4CF4-8939-BF3DBE2BC92E.jpeg
    110.3 KB · Views: 72