Turbo Bearings

Bad turbo seals can cause sum smoke, but it will also cause spark knock. What color smoke?

Blue like from oil, but I was just hoping that its not bad valve seals or rings. It smokes a little at start up then will somtimes smoke sitting at a light.

When your sitting at the light, your running high vacuum. This could suck the oil past bad seals in the turbo.

TOAST VALVE SEALS!!!!!!!!!:( Get a valve job......:)

It very well could be valve seals. My fresh engine will do this also because when the heads where ported the valve guides where cut down to impove flow and those after market seals don't like sitting on the head like they are suppose too. I'ts price I live with. But going quick makes it worth while.

Hey Fred,

What did you do to solve that problem you had with the harmonic damper? I'm having the same problem. I am buying an impact wrench so I can torque it down to 250 LBS. Thats what the specs on the OE manual says one should torque that crank bolt. A hand held torque just won't do the trick since max is 100 LBS. I've already worn down two dampers. I hate that noise! Once one floors it it sounds like a rod is going to shoot out!:eek:

But it's that damper that keeps getting loose.:mad:

Hi

On a old engine I had , I forgot to tighten the balancer and rolled a key.

But On my present engine I was having problems with the front oil seal. But that is sloved.

Get access to a impact wrench That's what I used.