Turbo advice

erikelvis

Looking a bit ahead. Lost with all the turbos out there. Have quite a bit of maintenance I want to do before I start messing with turbo/methanol. Looking for a solid 400whp with some room to grow. Don’t want to sacrifice any drivability. Likely do the trans beforehand too.

Racetronix pump and 60# injectors going in. Doubt I’ll ever upgrade from that.

What ya thinking??

5858 BB a 6262 might be OK. I have a older 5857 BB the drives very good on the street. with 60s. it was a solid 11.5 @ 117 with a tight locking converter. I switched to a looser NL looking for a 10.99 ,( that I have not got yet) and it is good on the street with this converter too. Wallace calculator is 440 wheel 490 crank at my best MPH of 119

List your current combo and goals, most things have to sync with each other for drivability

Looking a bit ahead. Lost with all the turbos out there. Have quite a bit of maintenance I want to do before I start messing with turbo/methanol. Looking for a solid 400whp with some room to grow. Don’t want to sacrifice any drivability. Likely do the trans beforehand too.

Racetronix pump and 60# injectors going in. Doubt I’ll ever upgrade from that.

What ya thinking??
The turbo should be chosen based on the hp you want and the response you want.
The fuel system as well.
As well as drivetrain.
Some will go faster than others for sure but 400hp can be done with a stock turbo all in with a stock injector and meth injection.
It's easier on a 49/44 on a stock motor but you will need the trans done regardless as the torque will really take off.the cooling effect/additional fuel from meth injection on the stock intercooler in addition to your pump and injectors will easily hit the goals.

As far as turbos go.
I would recommend you choose a company that will keep you in a 3 bolt.
Pte,turbonetics,comp turbo and a few others will sell you turbos that should just bolt on.
That way you can just bolt the unit on with your existing headers.

I’m thinking I’ll have a husek trans or just have Anderson performance deal with that. Plans this year include some new valve springs, timing chain, try to get most leaky gaskets replaced. 60#’ers tweak chip. 255lph pump. 3” full rjc exhaust. And maybe run 16-17lbs off alky. Then match a turbo to a converter and add some alky. Want an eventual mid 11sec car not having to beat the shit out of it off the line. I’m thinking a 58/?? Turbo of some sort. Would like quick spooling.

If you're taking it to Billy for your trans, just describe your goals and he'll steer you in the right direction.