turbo 400 trans pressures

qwksht

Anyone know of any trans builders in the pa,nj,ny,md areas that have a trans dyno? I would like to have my turbo 400 put on a trans dyno to check converter feed charge pressure and I know I can thread a hose and gauge into the side of the trans and check it myself,but I would rather take it somewhere and have the pressure tested,have the pump modded and tested again to make sure its right,more or less I don't want to be pulling the trans several times to get it right...thanks

If its a fixed line pressure valve body I would just use a 7/64 feed orifice in the pump and be done with it. Years ago Bison and I did a lot of converter charge testing at CK performance transmission dyno in Long Island. Based on our real world testing I have had the converter charge pressure reduced so far that the charge pressure was in the single digits at WOT and did not effect converter efficiency. The 7/64 orifice will be well above that anyway.

AG.

awesome thanks for the reply,it is a manual valve body with a trans brake,not sure what brand valve body,i will probably end up picking up another pump and doing the orifice you mentioned,i have been wanting to do this and am getting ready to pull the motor and trans for my new motor and didn't feel like pulling the trans several times to get it right